Thursday, October 15, 2020

New Wendy Vecchi: Warm Wishes

 

Hello there inky friends!  I'm back with a few more bits of inspiration featuring the awesome new Wendy Vecchi stamp/die/stencil combos released yesterday by Ranger!  Today, I'm sharing projects featuring the new Warm Wishes set.  It's a great collection of winter themed images and a fun mix of sentiments.  

I started out by creating a grid format on some grey paper using the Perfect Stamp Positioner as a straight edge.  I used a White Gelly Roll pen to get the lines just right.  Next, I used the quad circle stamp from Wendy's Thank You set to add extra pattern.  I love this little stamp and use it often in making fun backgrounds.  

Next, I attached the gray strip to some opalescent burgundy cardstock, attached some silver sparkly ribbon and machine stitched along the edge.  I then started working on the poinsettias.  I wanted a big cluster of poinsettia so I stamped three clusers and fussy cut each one to achieve the full affect. I then used the little feathery pine bough to create some pattern on a white piece of cardstock that would hold the poinsettia.  After stamping the sentiment and the pine to the white cardstock, I attached the poinsettia (I blended each one with Red Geranium and Poppy ink then lifted some of the color using water and a tissue.)  

To finish things off, I mounted the panels onto a black panel then attached it to a white card base.  I then added an extra ribbon bow and some silver bling.  

My second card started out with a kraft card base.  I used the polka-dot stencil from the Thank You set using Red Geranium ink and then added some additonal blending around the edges before stamping the pine cluster along the top edge.  Next, I diecut the leafy spray and stamped/inked and diecut the acorn and poinsettia.  
I attached a cluster of buttons and ribbons to the green diecut to create a nice swag.  After that, I diecut a scalloped rectangle, blended some Acorn ink onto it to mute the brightness down and stamped some green sprigs from the Flower Pot set to create some layering effect.  I cut the sentiment apart so that I could stamp the three words on top of each other.  

I just love how all the elements in this set work so well together.  To finish things off, I tucked the rectangle diecut into the swag and mounted the rectangle onto the card base with foam squares.  I also added three clusters of red berries using Wendy's Carnation Red Liquid Pearls.
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I'll be back again tomorrow to share a few more projects.  

Please remember that Wendy and Ranger are offering a 20% ONE TIME discount on your purchases at Ranger.  Just enter the code 20WENDY at check-out!  

See you tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment