Saturday, October 10, 2020

Apple Pie and Pumpkin Spice...Nom Nom Nom!

Hey there inky friends!  Have you seen all the yummy fall stamp sets at Miss Ink Stamps yet?  If not, hop over to their website and check 'em all out.  This release is so fun and gnome-tastic! Today I'm sharing this fun fall card featuring the new Pumpkin Spice Gnomes set from Miss Ink Stamps.  I just love this set and the scenery as well as the assortment of Gnomes.  For this card, I picked the little pie totin' gnome so that I could get in the mooood for the fall season.  While creating this card, I also had some apple pie spice hot wax melting in my hot pot...SO perfect for this aromatic scene.  
I'm loving the "spotlighting" effect of coloring a single image with vibrant colors and then stamping/coloring the background in darker colors to create depth and detail.  I really wanted the background paper to be deep and rich so I selected this cranberry colored cardstock from my stash.  I think it worked perfectly for this scene.  I used Copics to color the gnome and then stamped/embossed and colore the background images using some watercolor pencils (without water).  I also added some white ink along the edges to really make the scene etherial.  Next, I mounted the scene onto a piece of pale yellow cardstock and then onto a cinnamon spice cardstock base.  

Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my card!  I hope it gets you in the mood for fall!  

See you again soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment