Saturday, June 13, 2020

Inspired Light...New June Card Club from Richard Garay Designs!


Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing this fun card I created with the new June Card Club set "Inspired Light" by RG Designs.  Check out the Card Club HERE!  It's a fun and creative set featuring a great big lightbulb and fun elements to embellish and play with.  It also includes some fun sentiments.

I created this card using the digital version of the set.  As with all Richard Garay Designs (formerly named RG Avenue) stamps, they come complete with a zip file that includes digital and cut file versions of the stamp set.

To create my shaker card, I layered two lightbulbs to create a shaker.  I also added, modified and printed florals, doves and the sentiment.  Next, I colored the images with Copic markers then fussy cut the lightbulb to allow for the shaker opening and then mounted foam tape to the back.  I set that aside so I could work on the background.

My background was created using the fun and exclusive RG Gel Press design called  "RG Call" Gel Press.  It's on sale now at a great price! I applied some Sour Mist Sugar Cube ink onto the edges of the talking bubble gel plate and then stamped repeatedly onto Powdered Sugar cardstock.  I then applied Pineapple Smoothie Sugar Cube ink to the "starburst" gel plate and stamped it directly over the talking bubbles.  I love how the ink speckles up on the plate!  It's a great way to add texture and fun to a background. 
After adding sequins and glitter to the center of the tag.  I also mounted some acetate to the back side of the lightbulb then mounted the lightbulb onto the tag so that it became a shaker.  and then layered the florals around it and tied some yellow twine into a quadruple loop bow.  Next, I attached some ribbon to the top of the tag and mounted it onto Tangy Orange cardstock.  After attaching the sentiment (I digitally merged the be and the inspired together from two separate sentiments), I mounted the background, tag and sentiment onto a Tangy Orange panel and then onto a white card base.  I used some white acrylic paint and Dazzling Pat to make the card complete! 

Thanks for hopping over and I hope this fun set inspires you to create something fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment