Sunday, June 28, 2020

Bring on the Sunshine!!!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun inky card I created using some awesome Richard Garay Designs products.  I wanted to use the fun stamp set that is on sale this month called "Good Girls"...in particular, the lady with the umbrella.  I thought the image was inspiring and encouraging and wanted to highlight the umbrella as the sunshine that comes after the storm.  Sooo...I colored up the image with Copics and fussy cut the image to set it aside.  

Next, I started working on the background by using some Powdered Sugar Sugar Stock and the RG Call Gel Press mini plates (I used the thought bubble that resembles a cloud).  I applied media mixer and Sour Crush ink onto the Gel plate and then brayered it on to create a nice blend of color.  I pressed the plate onto the paper and lifted it to release the ink.  I did this several times overlapping the pressed images with color to create a nice layer of blue/white color.  

After that, I splattered some Dazzling Pat (as well as Dazzling Pat mixed with Sour Mist Sugar Drops) to the paint and it created a nice water splattered effect- similar to the effects of Distress Inks with water...but...It has shimmer!
Next, I used a piece of mesh from some veggies I got from the grocery store and applied the Gel plate over that (brayered with the Media Mixer and Sour Crush Sugar Drops) and lifte it to reveal a fun textured look. 
 You can see where the mesh created a scale-like effect in the corner.
After finishing up the pressed panel, I cut the panel out to my liking and used machine stitching around the edges to help contain the design as well as finish it off.  After that, I started assembling the card (placing foam squares on the "girl").  I decided to add the bug car to the edge to coordinate more with the sentiment. 
 To finish the card off, I splattered some watered down white acrylic ink onto the panel and tucked the sentiment under the bug.  I mounted this panel onto a Powdered Sugar layer and then mounted the panel onto a Sour Pineapple card base. 
So fun!  There are just a few more days to take advantage of the June special so make sure to hop over to the shop and pick up your sets HERE before they are gone.  Remember, If your order is $50 or more, you'll receive the fun Music On Digi set for FREE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment