Sunday, May 24, 2020

Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop Day 3: Sunday Sip!


Hello there coffee loving crafters!  I'm back with another fun Sunday Sip on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog!  This week, It's all about the Spring/Summer hop and I'm featuring two super sponsors today!  I created a gift set (card and pair of coasters) using stamps by Stamplorations and Beacon Adhesives!! Woop Woop!  

Thank you to these super sponsors for helping us celebrate our love of stamping/cardmaking/crafting and COFFEE...as well as a few other drinks thrown in to balance the shelf.



To create my card, I stamped the Stamplorations cup (from the Perk Up set) onto kraft cardstock and then started doodling.  I kept the colors neutral because I wanted to highlight all those gorgeous tones of brown that we know so well as coffee drinkers.  HA HA.

After creating the scene, I scored the edge to create a fold crease and then machine stitched the edge to add to the fun.  I also stapled a bit of black satin ribbon to the top because well, I LOVE ribbon.  After that, I used Beacon 3 in 1 glue to attach the little Diamond Dotz I picked up at Joanne's.  Next up, it was on to the coasters!

I picked up a few of these tree discs to embellish with all the yummy coffee colors.  I selected two different three way color groups so that I could have two slightly different coasters.  Since the 3 in 1 glue is waterproof and adheres just about to everything, I knew it would be a good match for this project.


To create my coaster designs, I worked in about one inch increments because the glue dries tacky pretty quickly.  I didn't want to flood the wood with glue, I just wanted to add a little glue at a time so I could adhere the "diamonds" to the wood.  I followed the natural line around the wood disc to create that perfectly delish border.

After gluing the "diamonds" down, my coasters were finished.  The glue will need a night to cure, but these babies are soooo sparkly and I can't wait to make some more.  I can imagine all kinds of colors so now I think I have started a new addiction...Diamond Dotz!  LOL.

Since the glue is acidfree, dries clear and adheres perfectly, it's a great choice for a project that will get a TON of use!

After I finished one disc, I moved on to the next lickety split!  I used a bent tooth dental pic (I need to get one of those Diamond Dotz tools) to adhere the dots with precision!  Take a peek at this little video to see how they sparkle!!
If you're shopping with Beacon this weekend, make sure to enter the code DIY20 to get 20% off!

Thanks for hopping over to check out my project.  I hope it inspires you to get creative!  Have a great weekend and see you around hop land!

6 comments: