Friday, May 8, 2020

Hope And Strength...Gracie's New Digi Set

Hello there inky friends!  Hope you're hanging in there!  I just hanging around, teaching online and then making a mess of my house!  HA HA.  It's amazing how much of a mess I can make spending ALL DAY for MONTHS at home!

I decided to work on making a card with this new gorgeous digi set called Hope and Strength just released by Graciellie Designs.  This set includes two beautiful dragonfly images and seven perfectly perfect sentiments.  I love the mix of fonts too!  

In thinking about how I would feature this set, I envisioned the drafting images that are out there of all kinds of things.  Since I can't do that, I thought I'd just make due and mimic some of those elements.  I started out by creating a box to contain the image and the sentiment and then added some horizontal lines here and there as well as adding some little square "dots" here and there.  I like how the final design turned out so I clicked save and printed it.  


After cutting out and coloring the dragonfly with Copics, I mounted the design on some green cardstock and then offset some pink cardstock before mounting directly onto a white card base.  I added some microfine glitter to the wings with glaze and glitter.  That gave the wings a dimensional effect after it dried. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope my card inspires you to create something beautiful today! 

1 comment: