Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Sneaky Peek Week Day 2: Let There Be Cake!


Hello there inky friends and welcome back to SNEAKY PEEK WEEK day #2!  Today we're featuring the cute little cake set called LET THERE BE CAKE!  And WOOP WOOP!  It's my birthday!  Yep, really, it IS!  I think it's kinda fun that I can celebrate it with my virtual crafty peeps while I sit here at home in isolation.  
I've got a few things to do today.  I'm reading the Happy Birthday book (Dr. Seuss) to my students virtually as I am now an online teacher.  Never would I have thought that I would be teaching and spending time online/on the phone, through letters and through telepathy (ha ha) with my kindergarteners!  It's been quite an adventure, that's for sure.  

To create my personal birthday card, I stamped the colorful strips using VersaColor inks.  I love these inks for crisp and vibrant impressions every time.  After stamping the cake layers I cut them out and set them aside, I stamped the cake plate and the candles with VersaColor Nocturne ink.  YUM!  Next, I splattered some acrylic paint onto the panel (I used watered down neon colors).  
After layering all the cake layers with foam squares, I mounted the stamped panel onto a teal layer and then onto a pink polka-dot layer of patterned paper from my stash (I think it's Dear Lizzy).  SO fun!  


To finish things off, I added some bling because it sparkles!  HA HA!  Thanks for hopping over and now I'm off to party like it's 1999!  WAHOO!

12 comments:

  1. What a great set. Love your creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bright happy card showcasing this fun new release!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One cannot have too many birthday cake stamp sets in their stash! I really like this set!! Happy Birthday by the way :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright colors and the way you framed this cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colorful layers. The dotted
    background carried out one of those
    colors. Fun card. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you!!🎉. This is such a great set! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun birthday cake card! Love the colors and the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright and cheerful - just as
    a birthday card should be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bright colors look so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun fun fun fun card!!!!
    Happy Birthday to you sweet friend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love that cute 'yay' banner!
    Happy Birthday to you! I also had a stay-at-home birthday last month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the layers on the cake with the words! Super fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete