Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Prepping my Planner Calendar...February vibes



Hello there inky friends!  This past weekend I decided to use some free time to prep my February Calendar.  I recently received this gorgeous leather TN from RG Avenue that coordinates with my planner notebooks and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  I'm planning on doing a monthly calendar to lead off my weekly/daily planning.  That way, I'll have something pretty to look at as I prepare for the month ahead. 



To create my February calendar spread, I started out by disassembling the stapled notebook so that I could have just one page spread to work with at my craft table.  Since it doesn't fit like a signature anymore, I plan on doing this monthly and laying the current spread smack dab as I open the planner...Perfectly, perfect positioning, I think. 

Anyway, I started by stamping the large floral image in Sour Guava and then moved on to the medium floral in Sweet Pink and then finally the small floral in Sour Mist.  Next, I stamped the leaves (from the Stunning Crowns set) using two different greens:  Tangy Apple and Rich Cactus.  
After stamping the florals and leaves, I stamped some coordinating sprigs in Black Taffy ink to overlay the florals.  I then traced around the big florals in black microfine ink so that they would blend nicely with the arrangement.  I stippled some dots in the center of these flowers too. 

Next, I flicked some Black acrylic paint onto the panel so that I could merge both sides of the spread together.  I stamped the "LOVE" heart from the "Love Wreath" set in black on Sweet Cane Cardstock and then fussy cut that out so that I could attach it to the decorated panel.  I also added a bow of twine. 
To finish off my Calendar spread, I wrote the dates on each box (I didn't realize this FEB is a leap year...Gimme back all my lost time!  HA HA!  I also stamped a sentiment "All you need is Love" from the stamp set "Song Lyrics"
So there you have it...My February calendar is ready for the pen (and to fill up!  :)  Happy crafting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment