Thursday, August 22, 2019

Joy Clair and Therm-o-Web...Collaboration Fun!

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and today I'm sharing a few fun creations featuring the gorgeous stamps from Joy Clair and the deeelish products from Therm-o-Web!  I created a couple fun cards and I thought I'd share how they were made...Take a peek!  

My first card features the stamp set Thankful and Blessed.  I stamped the flower and colored using Copics and Leisure Arts Colored Pencils.  After coloring, I cut the stem/leaves off so that I had just the flower head.  Next, I used the I-Craft Ultra Bond Adhesive Pen to doodle the word "Fall" and some random squiggles onto some pumpkin colored cardstock.  After that, I applied some brand new Amber Watercolor Deco Foil and ran it through my laminator.  When it was done, I distressed the edges using some Pumpkin colored ink.  

To add some fun embellishing, I applied a strip of Deco Foil Stick on/Iron on Border Trim Elements (leaves) and then trimmed the edges.  I like this embroidery element because it is self adhesive and provides for an amazing textural element to my cards.  Give it a try sometime!  I attached this panel to a Bazzill Bling cardstock card panel (burgundy) to give it a nice fall look.  After tying on some black twine, I attached the flower image and then attached this panel to the white card base using the I-Craft Dries Clear Ultra Bond Adhesive.  To finish things off, I attached a coordinating sentence and my card was done!  
I thought this flower reminded me of some tiny sunflowers I collected once so I colored the image using yellows, oranges, browns and greens.  
Look at that shine!  I love Deco-Foil and how it just makes everything so fancy!  

Next up is my second card.  It's a bit more playful but incorporates some of the same doodly aspects when applying Deco Foil.  For this card, I drew some "grass" on the card base and applied some BRAND NEW Emerald Watercolor Deco-Foil to make it shine.  Next, I stamped the sentiment onto a pre-cut kraft shape and then stamped and colored the turtle buddies using Copic Markers.  
Aren't these turtles the cutest?  I stamped and colored the turtles from the stamp set Best Buds and then fussy cut them.  Next, I selected some aqua cardstock to mount the "grassy paper" onto and then mounted this cardfront onto a lime green cardstock.  If you take a peek, you'll notice I also added some decorative flowers.  Such a fun treasure hidden...and rediscovered in my stash!  
Just a few squiggles/strikes on the paper with the I-Craft Ultra Bond Adhesive Pen and I have a fun/shiny grassy background. 
 
So delish.  Love the shine, love the smile this cute card provides! 

Thanks so much for hopping over today.  I hope you found our creations inspirational and I hope you come back tomorrow for some extra collaboration fun with Joy Clair and Therm-o-Web!  

No comments:

Post a Comment