Wednesday, July 17, 2019

RG Avenue New Release...It's Fair Time!!!

Hey there inky friends!  I'm back with another fun project featuring a brand spankin' new set just released at RG Avenue!!! This new set had me immediately thinkin' of FAIR TIME!  I Love the fair and especially the contests, the smiling kids and the fun events that are being held.  I'm not so much a fair games and rides kinda person but I do love love so much more about the fair.  My favorite fair venues are the Iowa State Fair and the Freeborn County Fair in Minnesota. How about you?  

So when I saw this "Food Junkie" set, I knew exactly how I would feature the images and the sentiments...I needed the cute "Out Loud" set to help me tell the story! 

Food Junkie Stamp and Digi Set
So I started out by creating a fun word background from the food images I was going to incorporate on my card.  I suppose I would have picked some cotton candy and funnel cake if it was on the list too.  Maybe even gyros.  And I can't forget about the crazy fried concoctions like fried pickles and twinkies.  Yeah, I'd add those too...Anyway, I lightened up the font so that I could tuck it back in the background a bit and make the images take center stage.
After printing and cutting out the images, I colored the images with a ton of Copic markers (I gave up keeping track) and then used a blending brush to add some color to the background.  I used the Sour Watermelon, Sour Mist and Sour Pineapple to add a fun hint of color in the center of the background.  Next, I stamped the cow and pig (and the photo frame from the Out Loud set and colored them with Copics too.  Of course I had to pick the piggy because I love watching the piglet races.  Of course, the milk cow was a big YES too because you can't leave the Iowa State Fair without checking the butter sculpture and having a little bit of deelish ice cream.

Since I didn't have a "Get Ready, it's FAIR TIME!" sentiment, I selected two sentiments from the Out Loud set.  I think they fit nicely with my theme.  After gathering all my images, I mounted the background on some Black Taffy cardstock and then started moving around the images until I found the perfect layout for the images to shine.  I popped each one up onto the card panel and then added some glossy accents onto the noses, eyes and piggies tootsies to give them some shine.  I also used a cloth to give "Bessie's" nose a bit of bumpy texture.  Not slimy, just bumpy.  Hee hee...

So there you have it!  A card, perfectly fit for the FAIR.  Maybe I should enter this into the fair card contest!  

If you are a Fair fan like me, make sure to think of me as you're walking the fairway, checking out the winning entries in the contest buildings and giving the FFA and 4H kiddos a high five for their hard work with their show animals.  Oh, and if you get the chance to watch the live music or enjoy the demolition derby, say a WOOO for me!  

Thanks for popping over to check out today's project!  I'll be back again tomorrow with another fun project featuring another NEW set just released at RG Avenue!

2 comments:

  1. This is out of this world adorable! I love fairtime too! Delightful card, truly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine! I was thinking of the fair the whole time I was making this card. My mouth was watering thinking of all the yummy greazzzzy food. ❤️

      Delete