Sunday, July 14, 2019

Coming Soon: Summer Mail by RG Avenue...

Hello there inky friends!  Tomorrow is the big day!  RG Avenue will be releasing a new Designer Bundle!  I'm excited to share all the fun projects I've created that feature stamps and digital images from this collection and I can't wait for you to see all the new good stuff!

I can't wait.  REALLY!  So today, I get to share a little sneak peek of one of the sets that will launch tomorrow.  It's called "Summer Mail".  This is a fun envie full of gorgeous posies and an additional flower for you to play with. Since I couldn't wait for my stamp set to arrive, I used the digital version to tide me over.  Yeah, that's what's great about RG Avenue stamp sets.  When you purchase the stamp set, you get the digital download for free.  It arrives immediately in your inbox so you can play right away!  Pretty awesome, I'd say!  
After copying the envie image and the little flowers several times into a word document, I printed them out and fussy cut them.  I prefer fussy cutting over the use of a cutting machine.  It's relaxing for me!  Anyway, after fussy cutting, I sat in front of my Copics and tried to decide what color scheme to use.  I almost went to my typical pinks but I grabbed some lavenders thinking I hardly ever use them and these flowers looked like they'd be pretty lavenders!  After coloring, I set them aside and started working on the background papers.  I pulled my Hand Written background stamp and stamped it with some Gray Stuff ink.  After that,  used my white acrylic paint and brushed the edges to push the stamped image to the background.  I then let that dry and distressed the edges of the paper using Sweet Cane ink.  

Copic Colors used:  G82, YG61, BV02, BV20, RV10, Y32, C00 

I love layering papers and images so I finished this card off by layering some graph paper under the handwriting paper and attached a beautiful taupe satin ribbon bow.  Then I mounted this panel asymmetrically onto the Nectar Stone Card Base.  To finish everything off, I flicked some white acrylic paint over the card, attached some white pearls and called it DONE!  I really love how this card turned out and I can't wait to use this image again. 

Thanks for hopping over!  Tomorrow I'll be sharing a few projects using a set that is sure to be SUPER POPULAR!  Make sure to stop by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment