Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sneaky Peek Week at The Cat's Pajamas...Hey Gillfriend!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm joining some of my TCP teamies as we share a little sneaky peek of some of the newest stamps and dies coming to the shop May 28th!  This week is SNEAKY PEEK WEEK and today, we're offering up (and you can buy it today too) a peek at an adorable set called "Hey Gillfriend" and the fun Porthole Duo Cutups die set.  Check 'em out!  

I had fun creating this sparkly fun mixed-media card with some fun elements.  Notice the sparkly nail polish?  I picked that up at the dollar store and decided to brush it on my paper and see what happened.  To my surprise, it created such a fun sparkly/shiny background!  While it didn't smell so hot to begin with, I crossed my fingers and hoped that the smell would disappear.  
In addition to adding the nail polish to the background, I added some on the center portion of the porthole die.  This center portion is full of fun little sea cuts...and I didn't want to cover them up.  I particularly love the little seahorse.  After adding the sparkle, I moved on to stamping and coloring the mermaid.  She's just too cute!  I colored her with Copic markers.
Next, I added some stamped elements on the background panel like some orange coral, a few seahorses and the water splashes.  I also grabbed some of the newest mixes of sequins:  BY THE SEA CONFETTI MIX HERE and BLUE MOON HERE and oh my!!!  You're going to be in love.  These mixes are perfectly suited for collage and for shakers!  :)

To finish off my card, I attached the elements in a pleasing layout on the card front and mounted my mixed media panel onto a light blue panel before mounting onto a white card base.  YES, I soooo love how this card turned out.  Unique, fun and full of texture!  And if you're wondering about the nail polish smell, it disappeared the day later!  WOO HOO!!!  

Thanks for hopping over to check out my project!  I hope you were inspired and hope you hop over to the TCP blog so you can see the full line-up of sneaks offered today! 

2 comments:

  1. now that is an eye catching card! well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was such a fun card to create. I love the mix of materials. :)

      Delete