Sunday, April 21, 2019

Teatime with Coffee Loving Cardmakers and Honeybee Stamps...

Hello there Coffee/Tea loving crafters!  I'm joining my fellow Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog designers and the Honey Bee Stamps Blog designers in a fun little collaboration hop this fine National Tea Day!  If you've arrived here from Erin's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, you can find the complete blog list at the bottom of my post.  I'm playing with the fun new sets Tea Time (and coordinating Honey Cuts dies), Perfect Blend (sentiments).  


Here are the deets for this fun hop:  
  • Commenting is open until Friday, April 26 at 11:59 pm and a winner will be announced on both the CLC + HBS blogs on the 27th. 
  • Winners will be picked from across all participating blogs, the more they comment, the more chances to win. 
  • Two $30 HBS Gift Cards (one awarded via the CLC blog and the other on the HBS blog)
I created a couple cards and had a TON of fun!  To create my first card, I stamped the tea mug onto some coral cardstock and then fussy cut the image.  I then added a bit of highlighting and shading with Copic R22 and a white Gelly Roll pen.  Next, I stamped the lemon slice onto some cardstock and colored with Copics Y32 and Y19.  I did some polka-dotty background coloring with Copics Y32, R22, BG01, BV04, BV00 and C-3.  I thought it was a bit too busy so I toned it down a bit with a drybrushing of ivory acrylic paint and a few splatters of paint here and there.
Next, I selected a variety of words from the sentiment set to create a TEAlightful sentiment and then started to assemble the card.  I added some golden yellow Hemptique twine for another touch of texture.  
My second card was inspired by the crisp and clean designs of the Honey Bee Logo.  I love this design but it is very challenging for me as I have a difficult time with restraint.  This card is as close as I usually get with the crisp/CAS design.  LOL  And YES, this card is COFFEE but who doesn't love to back up a shot of tea with a yummy cup of joe?  I do, I do!  You can simply exchange the sentiment from COFFEE to TEA on this card so it will perfectly suit your recipient...That's another thing I love about this sentiment set.  It's perfect for both!

I loved the little star anise (I think that's what it is) stamp so I used it as a background using some yummy dark aqua ink.  I colored the insides with the same yellow as used in the previous card.  I also highlighted the edges to give them some pop.
To finish up this card, I stamped the coffee sentiment and then added some plaid ribbon (and a coffee bean) to give it a little love...NOM NOM!
Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my projects.  I hope you were inspired by my creations and these fabulous products.
Please hop on over to Laurel's blog to check out her projects.  See you soon!!!

Blog Roll:

49 comments:

  1. Love them both Kerry! the background on the first one is super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first one best but both are wonderful, great colors and coloring. thanks for the amazing inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling! I love how you used the ribbon and twine to accent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon backgrounds and twine bows, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards! (And I love your BugBites banner!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry both of your cards are awesome! I love the sentiment on the tea card ~ it is perfect for so many cards! The coffee one is great too! Happy Tea Day and Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background you created with the lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun sentiment on your first card and the turquoise paired with red checks has a great vintage vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sharing the love for both tea and coffee :) love both your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love twine on my cards! Yours really pops. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kerry, loving your bold cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty cards! Happy National Tea Day and Happy Easter to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful colors on your cards! Love the pop of yellow on the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Tea Day! These are very pretty cards. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bright colors -perfect for my spring cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the twine added .I forget to add ribbon and twine! Thanks for the reminder to do it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great designs. I like how you toned down the background on the first and the red gingham on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the gingham, and the soft backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are adorable!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful designs. Thank you for sharing on the Collaborative Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards! Love the coffee bean :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely designs on these fun cards. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super sweet cards. I am crazy about these stamps and all you can do with them

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute, putting the Be Bold on the Coffee stamped card.....funny. That is like saying Be Brave to the Little Toaster. LOL. It made me smile. I thank you very much for sharing your cute cards. Have a great spring week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the background on your first card. Love your sentiment on your coffee card. Very punny.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It kind of looks like a shaker card! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marisela Delgado said: Such a great card. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love how you used the lemons in the background. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The lemon is a good addition. I'm partial to fruit images on cards, and really like lemons. It reminds me of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the soft background on your cards. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute cards, love the coral color, never seen a color like that in a mug, well I haven’t. Also love the country setting of the coffee and bean! You hit the spot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow! those backgrounds! i always love your cards! these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What fun cards and lovely stamped backgrounds! Thank you for the inspiration- I don't make stamped backgrounds nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow! I'm totally in love for your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful, bright and cheery tea cards!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great cards, Kerry! I love the background you have created on the first card! So interesting. Thank so much for sharing and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Kerry :) Love your bright and cheery cards! Thanks for the inspiration too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these fun and
    festive cards! Such a
    cute Tea sentiment on
    the first card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. So Cute!!!!! I love your attention to details! Fabulous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sweet and fun cards! Love that sentiment on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both cards are great! I really love the graphic backgrounds you created.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kerry... your cards are so inspiring and fantastic! Love those backgrounds for sure!

    ReplyDelete