Friday, January 25, 2019

TCP Sneaky Peek: Spit Happens!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm joining my fellow DT as we share some "adorableness" in our Day 4 Sneak Peek of the new stamp set/die set called Spit Happens!  This most adorable set includes several cutie-patootie squatty llamas a toque a few cactus', a present, coffee cup and several perfectly punny sentiments. 
 To create this first card, I started out by using some Tombow Markers to create a pretty watercolor background.  I stamped the cactus stamps several times on a separate piece of white cardstock and colored them with the watercolor method using Tombow Markers.  Next, I mounted the  watercolored paper onto a piece of kraft cardstock to make it more sturdy and then diecut  the panel using the small frame from the Framed Up Die Set
 I think tore a little piece of kraft cardstock and then stitched the edge before adding to the base of the inked panel.  I wanted it to appear sand-like, so I added a few dots of ink here and there.  Next, I started to assemble the card pieces onto the card and added some red twine before mounting it to the card base. 

Next, I moved on to creating card # 2.  This card features the same stamp set and includes a playful layout and a Peek-a-boo llama.  I colored the toque with Copic markers and stamped the cactus images and hearts with Memento Sand ink.  The sentiments were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black.  I colored the little llama with Copics too. 

To create the funky angled kraft panel, I used the Toppers Cut-Ups die.  I just angled them a bit wonky to add to the playful flair! 
 Stamping that sentiment repeatedly at the bottom gave a bit of grounding to this whimsical panel. 
 So fun to have this playful and angular layout! 
 Peekaboo llama!  HEE HEE! 
Spit Happens Stamp Set

Alpaca Die Set

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope my cards made you smile just as the stamp set intended.  :)  They sure made me smile!  Please hop on over to the TCP Blog HERE to check out more Spit Happens inspiration! 

4 comments: