Monday, January 14, 2019

RGStudio360 Presents: Monstrously Awesome and Lil' Monster...

Hello there inky friends!  Today RGStudio 360 has released their newest 24hour weekly bundle and I'm excited to share this project I made featuring the Monstrously Awesome and Lil' Monster sets.  This bundle is on sale for 24 hours so if you want it, make sure to click the photo and purchase right away.  It's sure to sell out soon!  The sets will be available individually on the website soon thereafter.  PS... Find a CSD to help you purchase this bundle with an additional discount!  
I started out by designing the little monster using the digi images.  After that, I printed and cut the images and brought a ton to school with me.  My plan was to have a few of my kinderpeeps color these images when they had their morning choice time.  I let them take their's home and asked if they would color me one too for a special project I'm making.  
When I got home, I attached these little monsters to some toothpicks and set them aside to work on some treat containers.  I wanted a popcorn-style treat container but in a mini version so I went to work creating a design on my Silhouette Cameo software.  When that was done, I pressed "cut" and had the containers in a flash.  I cut the containers out using some fun and festive cardstock colors:  Sweet Banana (for the larger sized container), Tangy Orange and Sweet Pink.  
Next, I scored and folded the template and used double sided liner tape to secure the box.  Next, I printed the sentiment from the Lil' Monster set and attached them to a toothpick.  
Peek-a-boo!  I see you!  I filled the containers with a special handmade mix of caramelized marshmallow treats and crackers and then added some popcorn.  The popcorn has a very tart and tasty drizzle of flavored sugar.  How did I make it flavored and blue?  Well, I used some of a packaage of Blueberry Kool-aid mix!  
 I took a few photos so you could see the scale of each individual treat container.  Since this treat is pretty sugary, I wanted to create a tiny treat-perfectly sized for my kinderpeeps for Valentine's Day!

This popcorn mix was an experiment and a small batch so I didn't measure.  I just placed in a pan and started heating it up.  
Monster Munch Recipe:

Fresh popped popcorn and Soup crackers

Sugar Drizzle:  
sugar
butter (1 tbsp)
a little water
some of the powder in a Kool Aid package (I used Blueberry)

Stir continuously while boiling and cook to hard ball stage.
Place popcorn onto a silicone mat and drizzle hot sugar mixutre over it.  Let cool and place in an airtight container.  

Caramelized Sugar for crackers:  
sugar
butter (1 tbsp)
a little water

Cook to caramelized hard ball stage.

Place crackers onto a silicone mat and drizzle hot sugar mixutre over it.  Let cool and place in an airtight container.  

Pour remaining caramelized sugar onto silicone mat and place small marshmallows and sprinkles onto the "pool of sugar".  


If you are inspired by this project and are interested in my free Silhouette Cameo treat container files, please leave a comment and I'll get back to you.  I would be happy to share these files with you.  

3 comments:

  1. How CUTE are these?!!...Such fun and so sweet to let some of your 'kinderpeeps' color them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These mini popcorn boxes are very cute! Thank you for sharing. I'd love the Cameo file. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Renee- I would be happy to email you the files. As you are listed a "No Reply Blogger", I am not sure how to contact you. I will try through facebook messenger.

      Delete