Monday, January 14, 2019

RGStudio360 Presents: Monstrously Awesome and Lil' Monster

Hello there inky friends!  Today RGStudio360 has released their newest weekly bundle and it's available for 24 hours!  After that, the items will become available individually at a later date. 

I went all out creating some fun Party themed projects for this release.  I thought this set worked perfectly for a young kiddos birthday party as well as Valentines Day.  I hope you're inspired by this creation.  This birthday card coordinates (hint the popcorn mix) with a yummy treat set I'll be sharing soon.  Click on the photo below to purchase the bundle today!  Note:  Find a CSD to help you order and receive an additional discount! 
I started out by working on the background.  To create it, I pulled out my Gelli Plate and applied some stripes of ivory acrylic paint and added some drops of Denim Distress Oxide ink in a linear fashion so I could spread it horizontally across the page with a paint brush.  I placed my cardstock over the panel and lifted the ink.  Then I took some leftovers from a "button" project I created on my Silhouette cameo and used that as a stencil for my inked panel.  I brushed more acrylic paint over that to allow for a hint of circle pattern over the inked panel. 
After creating the background, I splattered it with ivory paint and the denim Distress ink and set it aside to dry.  Then I started coloring the Monster.  It is so fun creating a unique monster using all the parts and pieces in this Monstrously Awesome set!  I settled on this adorable furry monster and got to work printing, cutting out and coloring the image.  
I used the following Copic Colors to color this image:  
B01, 52, 60; BG13, BG45;  C-1, 3; YR02, 16, 61; R05

To finish the card off, I punched a few circles using my 3/4 inch Marvy circle punch then attached the monster with foam squares.  I applied the sentiment (that was touched up with Copics) from the Lil' Monster sentiment set and added a little teal bow/button embellishment.  I mounted it onto a base of Nectar Stone cardstock.  
Take a peek at that yummy treat!  I'll be back to share another project and tell you all about it!  MMMMM!!!

1 comment: