Monday, January 14, 2019

Joy Clair introduces: "Hosannah"

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Joy Clair New Stamp Reveal Day #1 today and I'm joining my fellow JC teamies as we introduce new stamp products!   I'm sharing a few new projects featuring the brand new Joy Clair Color By Faith set called Hosannah!  Take a peek at the stamp sets being revealed today:  
Hosannah
Martha's Flower
I Think You're S'Wale
Rise and Shine

The Hosannah set is gorgeous.  It comes with a large LARGE Hosannah sentiment, bible verses and images perfect for Bible Journaling.  I created two projects:  The lead page for my Daily Devotional 2019 and a sweet card perfect for a long-distance crafty friend who's husband was called to Pastor at a Lutheran church down the road from me.  How awesome to have her near!
I started out with my devotional.  I used my gelli plate to add some ivory acrylic paint, the splattered some brick distress oxide onto the plate.  That was lifted onto my paper and then I added some spritzing of water.  After I dried it with my heat gun, I added some of the palm (I call it a palm but it may be a feather) and the other leaf (again, may be a feather to some) using some blue distress oxide ink.  I spritzed that with water to allow it to bleed a bit and then dried with my heat gun.  I stamped the sentiment (with Versafine Clair ink) next. After that, I sprinkled some clear embossing powder on the page, heat it up and then doodled some marks and added some embellishing touches.  I placed this page in my holographic planner-the perfect planner to carry everywhere.  :)
Next up, my card!  I stamped the sentiment first with some Versafine Clair ink.  After that, I used the same distress Oxide inks to stamp the "palms" around the edges of some white cardstock.  I spritzed with water to make it bleed a bit then splattered some pink on the page.  After it dried, I stitched the edge with my machine and added a strip of pink and mirrored gold cardstock.  I also punched a few circles out that were remnants of some distress oxide background paper I colored up for this project.  I distressed those circle diecuts and arranged them on the page.  I also mounted the sentiment onto the mirrored cardstock and finished assembling the card.  
This sentiment just makes my heart sing.  I can hear the parishioners singing in church right now...
I added some baubles buttons and ribbon to finish the card off.

Thanks for hopping over.  I hope you were inspired by these projects today!

Please hop over to my teamie's blogs to see their creations!  Make sure to leave a comment along the way (each day of reveal week) and we'll be selecting four winners to receive a fab Joy Clair stamp prize!
*Martha Lucia Gomez:  Martha's Flowers
*Karen Letchworth:  Rise and Shine
*Kerry Urbatch--- ME!:  Hosannah
Lindsay Adreon:  I Think You're S'Whale
Connie Hyde Mercer:  Rise and Shine
Ceal Pritchett: Martha's Flowers
Betz Golden:  I Think You're S'Whale

22 comments:

  1. So creative - love your style and the way you used the new goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet backgrounds you've made with these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background you created and Joy Clair stamps a the fabulous touch! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing projects and love your colors on both projects. One question on your stitching is do you use a regular sewing machine or another type of tool? I loved how you used the gel plate as I have just recently learned to use one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia. Yes, I use my Brother sewing/embroidery machine when sewing on my cards. I have a dedicated needle for paper crafts so I don't have to worry about issues when I sew fabric. My Gelli Plate is one of my best crafty investments! :)

      Delete
  5. The above comment is from me Tricia Podmore sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp set but what really catches my eye is that stunning background -- that is fabulous! I would but that over and over if it were printed paper because I don't have the skills to create that paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. One of my crafty passions is to create pretty backgrounds for my cards as I have quite a difficult time using/cutting printed paper. Thank you for noticing! :)

      Delete
  7. I love the artsy designs of both projects. And the stitching. And the sparkle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful projects! FUn sets!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful textures and colors. Great background and super creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work on
    both creations.
    Lovely inking.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects.
    Love the mixing of colors on
    the first and the blue/pink
    combo on the card.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME projects with this stamp set, Kerry!!! Love the ideas.

    ReplyDelete