Saturday, October 6, 2018

World Card Making Day 2018...My Space Challenge

 Hey there crafty peeps!  This is NOT a post I really want to share but I tried my hardest to grin and bear it...and show only a part of my space(s).  You see, like many other creatives around the world, we have spaces...spaces... I have a few.  One of the spaces is upstairs in my guest room.  It's REALLY hot up there in the summer and it's REALLY packed with storage and craft items.  I don't visit it much because it makes me too disappointed in myself.  I need an intervention up there.  I would LOVE for my neat-freak sister to come and help me purge up there.  It's an embarrassment so I just close the door and imagine it is not there.

My second space (and the one I use most, is right in my lower level room.  It's kinda my living room.  I have dreams of nice cabinetry in the corner, everything neat and tidy in its place...someday soon, I hope.  Until then, THIS is my space- and I'm limiting myself to it so I don't find a third space!
I like that this space is in my living area where my TV is.  I love that I can sit at my craft table and listen in (and take a few peeks) of my shows.  I love HGTV and the Food Network...and Anderson Cooper.  I listen while I craft.  I love that as I twirl to my right, I have another workspace that contains my sewing machine and my diecut machines...It's like the perfect surround space for me.
Front and center I can find all my most loved and used items right at arms reach.  I don't have to hunt through things, they're right there.  Twirl around behind me and I have a cabinet with all of my inks and ribbons. 

Someday, I hope to create a space like this upstairs in my spare bedroom- the place intended for my crafts.  Someday, I hope to have cabinetry lining the walls so that I can have everything in its place and out of sight.  Someday...  Until then, I'm trying hard not to fill this little space up.  I'm trying hard to beg my sister to help me purge-...Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment