Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Baby it's COLD outside!



Happy National Cocoa Day!  I'm excited to be sharing this card featuring the new Christmas Cocoa set from Joy Clair.  I love that this set has TWO different cups/mugs that can be decorated and also has some additional pieces (whipped topping, pile of marshmallows, candy cane, etc) that can make these cups so festive.  There is even a Christmas cookie you can decorate!  The sentiments are fun and versatile with a nice mix of fonts!  Check it out HERE if you want to see the WHOLE set!  You can get this set for 25% off during the hop so make sure to use the code HOTCOFFEE25 to get your set at a discount!
To create this card, I started out by stamping the mug onto some white cardstock.  Then I applied some brushstrokes of blue acrylic paint onto my Gelli Plate.  I pressed my paper against the plate to lift the color then used the same process with some red paint.  I used my heat gun to finish the quick dry process so I could immediately machine stitch some fun meandering lines on the page.  After stitching, I applied a piece of graph paper and 
After adding the stitching and the graph paper, I applied some silver Sharpie marker onto the page in random locations to add more color.  I also doodled some words and some hearts onto the page to make it more fun.  I added a few strips of thin silver washi (and one last mini staple from my stapler).
After that, I stamped the cup again onto white cardstock and added some snowflakes, stars and dots.  I cut the mug out and popped it up on the card then to finish the panel off, I applied some glaze and a little sprinkles of microfine glitter to make it sparkly.  Mounting this panel wonky style onto a piece of red cardstock and sticking it onto a white card base finished this card off!  WAHOO!!!  Love it!

Remember, Take advantage of the discounts at Joy Clair on ANY of our coffee/tea/cocoa sets.  Just use the code HOTCOFFEE25 and you'll get that discount deducted at checkout.  Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope to be back again tomorrow with another fun coffee-loving creation!


6 comments: