Monday, September 11, 2017

Stand Firm in the Lord...

Hello there Joy Clair friends!  It's Kerry here and I'm excited to share with you a card I created using the Be A Flamingo set from the Color By Faith Collection.  This set is a fun mix of flamingos, pineapples, background images and some amazing faith-based sentiments!  I love that you can mix and match the sentiments to suit your style and needs.  For my card, I chose to use the sentiment "STAND FIRM" and the script "in the Lord".  
To start my creation, I drew some leafy fronds onto some green Rinea foil with a dull pencil.  After three were drawn, I used the tip of the pencil as a pseudo-paintbrush with the Rinea Ghost ink.  I wanted to remove a bit of the green ink on the foil so I chose to remove the veins.  On one of the fronds, I removed almost all of the green so that I could get a variety of colors for my piece.  This foil is special because it has green on one side and gold on the other, so I was able to use both sides for this card.    
After creating the fronds, I stamped the background doodly stars onto the white cardstock then attached the fronds with glue.  I only added glue to the long stem so that I could fluff the petals up a bit.  Next up, I colored the flamingo.  I used some watercolor pencils just like colored pencils and added a bit of water here and there but I wanted to make sure to leave a bit of a "feathery" texture so I didn't watercolor the image completely.  I fussy cut the image then added the sentiment with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  
The flamingo was attached using some foam squares and the whole stamped panel was placed onto a kraft base to help it stand out and stand tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment