Saturday, June 9, 2012

Babies, Babies, Babies...

 Happy Saturday stamping friends!  I'm spending today cleaning my stamp room and decided to stop and take a break to make a baby card for one of the Art teachers at my school.  Her baby shower is this Monday and I told my team I would make the card.  I decided to make a not-so-traditional baby card this time.
 I combined a few stamp sets to make this card.  The first set selected was a UNITY background set called Dots for Sure.  I used some Kaleidacolor Sea Breeze ink with the dots.  The next set was an itty bitty set called Splatters and Stars (must be discontinued because I can't find it in their store).  I stamped the stars with Memento Dandelion ink.  Of course you know me, added some Diamond Stickles to make those stars SPARKLY!  I didn't have a UNITY sentiment that would work for this baby card so I pulled out my big box of Studio G clear dollar stamps for the sentiment and stamped it with Versafine Onyx then heat embossed with clear EP. This "Bundle of Joy" sentiment is from Series 16/19 and it was the perfect fit for the card.  My cards are never missing a touch of ribbon and I think the yellow just pops on this card!
Copic colors added were:  Y15 Cadmium Yellow (perfect match to the Memento ink) and some highlighting around the sentiment with B0000 (you can't see the highlighting due to my need to BLOW OUT the image in editing...It needed to be BRIGHT!)

I'm excited for the next few weeks to come...SUMMER and more stamping time available!  Keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment