Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Holiday Vibes with TCP: September New Release Hop

Hey there inky friends!  Today I'm joining The Cat's Pajamas in sharing the awesome new releases for September!  The collection of stamps and dies in this release are definitely FUN and Festive!  This release focuses on Halloween and Christmas/New Years and there are three stamp sets and four die sets in this release (and a freebie die that I'm featuring here today.)  We're ready to help get everyone excited about the upcoming holiday season!   

If you've arrived here from Nancy's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, you can check out the full line-up at the bottom of my post!  

So for my first project, I created a fun Chihuly Glass inspired card.  I love Chihuly's whimsical glass lighting and wanted to create something with that same form for the background of my card.  I used Neocolor I wax pastels to create this design.  I love how these pastels are crayon-like in form yet high quality and dense pastel that creates fine details like the "wiggles" on my panel.  
After adding the color, I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped the bats, stars and sentiment from the new set called Faboolous.  I used my Misti to stamp them as crisp as I could over the wax pastels.  It's a fun and quirky little Halloween set that has some awesome images, sentiments and itty bitties!
Isn't it cute?!  I love the little scary bunny and those bats!  
After stamping the images, I diecut the FREEBIE die Portrait of Mew onto some lime green cardstock and punched a little hole in the top so I could attach some bright red satin ribbon.  I tied the ribbon off with some matching green Hemptique twine.  
I mounted this panel onto some lime green cardstock then attached the panel to a white card base! 

For my second project, I created this Fabuloso Sugar Skull card using the new Sugar Skull Duo Die set!  If you're interested in finding out how I created this card, hop back over tomorrow to read/view my full blog post on this beauty!
Lots of diecutting of this image and assembling ever-so perfectly...The finished piece is mui caliente!

I'll be back every day this week to share another fun creation featuring the new release products!  I hope you pop back over to check 'em out!  

Please head over to Wendy's blog for some awesome inspiration!  

Kerry – That's ME!

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are so very colorful and creative. I love how you've just jumped right in with this release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nancy! I'm so inspired by this fun new release. I was just itchin to get everything inky and play with each die! :)

      Delete
  2. Such fun colors on both of these.

    ReplyDelete