Wednesday, September 26, 2018

New Release Reveal Continues: TCP Sugar Skull

Welcome back inky friends!  As promised, I'm back to share a more in-depth explanation of how I created this fun Sugar Skull card.  The new Sugar Skull Duo die from TCP is such a fun die to create with!  I diecut several pieces of cardstock to allow me the ability to mix and match elements to create a perfectly perfect and colorful sugar skull.
After diecutting several colors:  Neon Green, Magenta, Teal, Orange, yellow and Gold, I had enough elements to insert into my white skull diecut.  I mounted the white skull diecut onto a piece of pink cardstock so that I could glue the inset pieces in very easily.  
After insetting each and every little piece, I cut the pink panel around the edge to create a little border.  Next, I set that aside and started working on the base panel.  Notice I also added a little bat from the Halloween Tag Duo Die Set.  
 I stamped the sentiment from the new Faboolous set using Versafine Clair Warm Breeze ink.  Then I assembled the yellow, orange and metallic gold panel and mounted that onto a magenta card base.
To finish off the card, I fanned some lime green tissue paper and mounted it under my sugar skull-kind-of an ode to Mexican paper flowers.  After that, I added some of the extra pieces and parts from the diecutting escapade (including a piece of the gold remnants) and finished off by applying the sugar skull with some foam squares.  Fenito Bandito!  Wahoo!  
Thanks for hopping over to check out this project today!  Tomorrow I'll be back...I'm in the mooood for a fun Halloween project!  Stop back again to see a deelish project featuring some new dies and treat containers from TCP!

No comments:

Post a Comment