Monday, September 24, 2018

TCP Sneaky Peek Week...BOO!

EEEK!  I'm excited to announce that I've been invited to be a part of the The Cat's Pajamas Design Team!  I am thrilled to be joining this fabulous team and I'm itchin' to get down and dirty creating some fun projects with their awesome stamps, dies and embellishments!  This month, I'm joining the team in sharing some projects created with the newest additions to the TCP collection and they're all about the upcoming holidays!  WAHOO!  

I created a fun little Halloween gift container featuring the new "Halloween Tag Duo" die set.  It's a fabulous little die collection and I know you'll be itchin' to create something fun with it too.  Take a peek at this fab die set!  
Today I'm sharing a little tutorial on how I created this fun little dimensional treat container.  It's quick and simple and requires just a few supplies!  
Step 1:  I diecut the frame out of some dark gray cardstock.  Two of the frames were also diecut with the web insert.  I saved the extra "parts" to add to my project later.  
Step 2:  I cut a piece of magenta cardstock for the base.  2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches was the perfect size.  Using some double sided multiliner tape, I mounted the gray panels on the magenta square as shown below.  I made sure to test out the alignment to make sure the edges would connect perfectly before adding the tape.  I chose to use double sided tape so that I could add a clear insert on the inside.  
Step 3:  I attached tape to each edge and connected the side panels to each other to create a little vessel.  When the "vessel" was complete, I set out to work on the inside.  
Step 4:  Next, I folded a clear card envelope in half placed my die on top and ran them through my die cutting machine.  This allowed me to create four perfectly clear inside panels.  I attached these panels to the inside by pressing them securely over the double stick tape.  
Step 5:  The final step is always my favorite!  The DECORATING!  I selected some sparkly green tissue paper and placed that inside the container.  I filled it up with some yummy white gumballs (I would also recommend some eyeball gumballs for extra smiles).  After it was filled to the brim, I attached some pretty satin magenta ribbon and threaded it through the holes of the solid diecuts.  I tied them securely with a bow and then added some fun sequined and tinseled ribbon.  I also added that little spider on the top for some EEEEEKY fun!  
Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out my fun EEKY Peek!  I can't wait to share the other projects I created for this month's release.  Make sure to stop by tomorrow as we celebrate the new release with a fun Blog Hop!  YOU could win a fabulous prize!  See you tomorrow!  

38 comments:

  1. How spooky, fun and super cute idea for fun trick or treater's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sabrina. I love this little die and my first thought was to create a fun and dimensional treat container with those spider web windows!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberley! It was such a fun project to dream up!

      Delete
  3. Great idea for a spooky container!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I have quite a few teacher friends who will be getting some spooky treats!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was smiling all the while I was making it...and the tape was stickin' to my fingers. Hee hee.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pat. I love creating fun little gifties from dies! This set makes the perfect little container! :)

      Delete
  6. Halloween is my favorite time for crafting--love your project! This die set is a must-have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Lisa! I agree. It's a great die for cards, scrapbooks, ATC's, frames...and dimensional projects!

      Delete
  7. What a cute and fun gift container Kerry! Such a creative use of these dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dana! It's a great way to use a "flat" die and change it up a bit, right?

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Indy! I had a ball with it! I'm thinking a whole collection of little lanterns would be schweet too! Those little battery operated tealights would make mighty fun spooky lanterns.

      Delete
  9. Clever treat container! I love the Halloween tag Duo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun little die! I can't wait to make a bazillion new projects with it! :)

      Delete
  10. Really cute Halloween packaging Kerry. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Nancy! I had a ball envisioneering this little treat container!

      Delete
  11. What a fun idea. Love that eek die and the voodoo bunny. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some great stamps/dies this month, aren't they?! I'm having a ball!!!

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful project! So creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karthkha! I love creating crazy fun things! :)

      Delete
  13. This is a great idea for Halloween! Think of all the great things you could do with thus! Really fun inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! My mind is a swimming in ideas for this fun die!

      Delete
  14. Thank you thank you for the detailed how to + the visuals! I may have found my treat box gift for Halloween:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great little treat container. If you don't have double sided tape, single sided tape works just as well. It's a quick little project and doesn't take much to create this fun little project. Even the kiddos can get involved in this craftivity!

      Delete