Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Light a Fire!


Hello there inky friends!  Today I have a super fun project to share with you!  I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair designers AND the My Sweet Petunia designers in a blog hop collaboration!  If you've arrived to my blog from Maureen's blog, you're on the right track.  If not, I've attached the crumb trail so you can hop along!
My Sweet Petunia

Please join us on the hop by visiting and commenting on each blog along the way.  As you visit our blogs, remember to leave some love.

**My Sweet Petunia will be selecting one winner to receive their choice of an Original or Mini MISTI (Now PATENTED!  WOO HOO!) .  You can view the winner announcement on their WINNER POST HERE on April 14.

**Joy Clair will be selecting TWO winners to receive $25.00 Gift Certificate to the Joy Clair Store!  They will be announced on the Joy Clair Blog on April 12.
Now let's get on with the show ha ha...
This card was created using the super-fun Ignite set from Joy Clair.  I love the sketchy lettering in the sentiments and it's great for bible journaling, planner stamping, scrapbooking and cardmaking.  I love how versatile it is and that it can be used to create both feminine and masculine creations!
I positioned the big flame onto the lower edge of the paper and layed the lid of the MISTI on top.  I stamped it three times...Once with YELLOW ink, then with ORANGE and finally with RED ink (along the outer edges). Next, I aligned the sentiment and inked it up with BLACK ink.  The MISTI allowed for perfectly positioned stamping and alignment of the images and allowed me to overstamp the image/sentiment several times without fear of misalignement.

Take a peek at the inking...Just a bit of color along the edges, the texture of the ink pad peeking through.  YUM!  
After that was complete, I arranged the other flames into a pleasing format and stamped again with the same colors.  I finished up the stamping with one final inking of the edges with black to tie in with the sentiment.  
I attached this inked panel to some brown cardstock then attached it with foam squares to a kraft front that was painted with orange, yellow and red watercolor lines to mimic the sentiment "sketchiness".  I also added a bit of graph paper and some sparkle/glaze to the card.  This panel was glued to a white card base.  
I want to thank Ilyana and her team at My Sweet Petunia for providing such a fabulous product and for allowing me to join the fun today!  I appreciate your generosity and kindness and look forward to playing with my MISTI in many, many more inky adventures!  

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING AWARDED YOUR PATENT!!! WOOP WOOP!!!
Now join me in heading on over to the fabulous Lydia's blog to see what amazing project she has to share!  

62 comments:

  1. Looking good Kerry, still one of my top 10 sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER JOB!!! I LOVE your idea for using this stamp set for Bible Journaling!!!! FABULOUS IDEA!!! AND WOW! I AGREE WITH YOU!!! CONGRATULATIONS on getting your Patent!!!!!! ;) WHA-WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Kerry! LOVE your flame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flames on your card, the colors are just perfect! Your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really appreciate these Joy Clair stamps and am enjoying learning about the Misti. Card would go nicely in my Bible journal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you colored the flames and added the bit of shine to them! Looks awesome! Great card, and fabulous use of the MISTI to over-stamp the image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card and tutorial Kerry. There are some awesome stamps being showcased here today and great new ideas for using with the MISTI. A win-win in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative to use the two stamps together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you created the colors for the flames. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Those flames look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the depth of color you were able to achieve with the Misti!!! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty colors you achieved on those flames!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you made the fire image:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat card and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great combo of image and sentiment, and great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color of the flames!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE what you did with these flames! Really inspiring card and gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool Card, I too love the flame.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the tutorial and card!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card. Awesome fire. Thanks for sharing and participating in this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love getting new ideas and supply ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awesome stamp set!!! great card, never saw a stamp set like it!!! thats great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is most definitely a stamp set I have to have no doubt. I love your card. This would go in my bible.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had never heard of Joy Claire stamps before this blog hop. There are some great bold images and I will have to check out all the stamps. Thanks for sharing your great card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Joy Claire stamps are new to me. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the sparkle glaze touch you added at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic card!!! Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic stamp for my bible journaling.
    The coloring of the fire is fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The flames are colored great.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you stamped the flames. Fun card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love flames, and yours are stunning! You caught the colors beautifully!
    XO April

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would love to have a misty. Cute card

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those flames are so fun. Thanks for sharing how you used the Misti to create it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like how you inked up the flames.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh wow! Those flames are, dare I say, beautiful. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all new stamp,sets to me? Clever fire set!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your wonderful card and what a great stamp set. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awww!!! Awesome card!!! Colors are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great card! Love the stamp set! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love how you stamped the flames!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow! Striking card!!! (no pun intended!) So different... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your card is great! I love using the MISTI for sentiments so I never have to worry about crooked lines on my cards anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kerry, love your card, the fire looks really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Perfect card for those perfect stamps! & MISTI just makes it come together so fast & easy!
    Blessings,
    Melitta

    ReplyDelete
  46. Isn't the MISTI awesome! It's perfect for cards like this!

    ReplyDelete