Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Sip and Share...Share the Love!

Hello there coffee-loving crafters!  I was reminded that it's almost Valentine's Day when I went to Starbucks earlier this week.  It's not one of my favorite holidays, but I do love celebrating "Friendship Day" with my young students at school.  I love to prepare tasty little treats and gifts for them too. 

I was kind-of thrilled to get the sweet coffee sleeves on my morning coffee so I collected them every day this week.  Yes, I had plans to create some coffee-loving cards for the baristas who prepare my morning coffee every weekday.
Take a peek at how I repurposed/reimagined the coffee sleeves and how I created these two tasty cards! For the first card, I used a faith-based Bible Journaling clear stamp sentiment set from Bossy Joscie. I used the "Come and fill me" sentiment and the yummy hearts.  I stamped the sentiment repeatedly in a heart formation on kraft cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I applied the coffee sleeve to the design and added a bit of sparkle to the hearts.  
I love that the sleeve has several different elements that are perfect for cardmakers.  It gives me the opportunity to really mix my designs and make multiple cards that are completely different-with one sleeve!  
Of course, none of my cards are complete without a little ribbon or twine so I selected some bakers twine tied at the top.  I elected to keep the "tails" long.  

I also created this card using the extra parts from the sleeve.  I love how the washi creates the perfect little golden accents to coordinate with the ribbon.  
The Starbucks name was perfectly suited right along the edge of this card panel!  
Just look at those adorable cups!  I just had to cut them out and place them on the card!  It's a perfect pair, don't you think?! 
Since I created two cards using the coffee sleeves, I selected the second card as my layout of choice for this week's challenge.  Hope you find some time to play along with it!  Remember, if you decide to play along, please add your link to the inlinkz below.  At the end of the month, I will select one winner to receive a coffee-loving treat!  

1 comment: