Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Fight Like the WARRIOR you are! #beastmode

Hey there inky friends!  Kerry here to share a YUMMY card using the new Joy Clair set called Prayer Warrior.  I LOVE this set so much!  It's such a fabulous set that includes a large image (faceless) of a warrior woman...perfect for a card to help inspire someone to FIGHT ON!  

I created this card especially for a crafty friend who began her battle against Breast Cancer recently. She has declared a #beastmode mentality and her TRIBE is behind her 100%!  
To create this card, I stamped the arrows onto white cardstock using Versafine Onyx ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. After that, I lightly watercolor washed the arrows and let them dry. Once dry, I cut them out and set them aside so I could color the warrior image.  
Again, I stamped the warrior with Versafine Onyx and embossed then used a variety of watercolors from the cheap watercolor pans I got years ago from Wal-Mart. They last forever and work perfectly when I want to take them on the go or use them on a fast watercolor project. Layering different color intensities (some with more water, some with very little water) allowed me to create depth, dimension, and shadowing...especially in her hair and face.  After I was satisfied with the color, I let her dry and then fussy cut the image.  I applied some clear Stickles to the arrows and to her feather headdress because, well...I think every warrior needs a little sparkle!  
After cutting out the warrior, I popped her (and some of the arrows) up onto foam squares and began to create my card layout. I selected some old MyMindsEye printed paper with a cloud background to help set her off.  
To add to the layout design, I cut a white panel at a unique arch angle, stamped and embossed the "warrior" sentiment and attached the cloud paper to it. I distressed this panel with a bit of Sahara Sand colored VersaMagic Chalk ink. After the panel was complete, I mounted it onto a thinner chocolate brown piece of cardstock (offset to the left) and applied all the colored elements. I then mounted the panel onto an A2 Kraft card base.  

This card was a quick card to create but provides for an inspirational and uplifting smile. I hope it encourages my stamping friend to fight on and maintain her #beastmode spirit. Her #warrior tribe is here to fight right alongside her!  
The Prayer Warrior set comes complete with three inspirational sentiments, the phrases "PRAYER" and "Warrior" as well as a female warrior and arrow. This set compliments the other Color by Faith set called Be Brave that I featured in my blog hop post that can be found HERE.  
I hope you enjoyed this creation. You can find this set along with the other Febuary release sets in the Joy Clair shop today. They're marked at an amazing introductory price right now so I hope you pick your favorites up today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment