Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sunday Sip and Share: Snow Day!

Hello there Coffee Loving friends!  It's Kerry here and I am back with another Sip and Share. I'm still working through my commenting for the Coffee Lovers Hop.  I got sidetracked with the last week of school but now that I'm on winter break, I'll be able to catch up and HAVE FUN!  WOOP WOOP!
Today I'm sharing a yummy tag shaped card I created using one of my new favorites by the talented artist Krista Heij-Barber for Whimsy Stamps.  I just love her drawings and am thrilled I can now get them in stamp form (they were mostly available as digi images for cookie decorators in the past).  This image is called Hot Tubbin'.  It's currently listed as SOLD OUT but hopefully it'll come back in stock soon.  It was the perfect image for the icy day we had on Saturday.I colored the image with Copic Markers and attached it to an embossed panel.  I added some sparkle and some shine too.  The sentiment and itty-bitty snowflakes are Whimsy Stamps freebies.  The "Homemade Memories" sentiment comes from PrintWorksCollection.com.I decided to use this yummy red and blue color combo because it is one of my most favorite winter combinations.  I incorporated another tag into this card design so that I could feature the snowflakes and the sentiment as another layer.  I just love layering!  The Pierced Tag die is available at Fun Stampers Journey "Tag Elements".  I took a photo of the sparkle and shine too.  The sparkle and shine was achieved using my favorite Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust.  To finish the card off, I added some Candy Apple Red Ribbon, Red/White bakers twine and a bit of Sparkle Bling!  
My card project wouldn't be complete without a coordinating sketch!  So here ya go!  Keep in mind that the base tag is actually a card base cut into a tag shape.  When untied, it opens up to reveal a gift card.  If you LOVE the sketch, please consider playing along with our sketch challenge.  Add your creation to the inlinkz below.  :)  I'll be adding a new sketch every week this month so make sure to stop back and check them out!  



No comments:

Post a Comment