Sunday, December 13, 2020

National Cocoa Day! Coffee Loving Cardmakers!


Hey there Coffee Loving crafty peeps!  I'm up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog with another fun Sunday Sip!  This Sunday, we're celebrating National Hot Cocoa Day and we invite you to join the fun too!  Some of my teamies are joining in the fun too so I can't wait to see what they have to share!  

I'm sharing a fun and festive crafty project that includes some special hot chocolate gifts for the coffee/cocoa loving friends in our lives.  I went shopping this weekend and found this adorable little hot chocolate mix (and milk container) at Tuesday Morning and I just had to try it.  Sillycow Farms has great products so I knew I would be happy!  I also picked up these adorable little Christmas ornament mugs at JoAnn's and thought they would be perfect shot glasses for the hot chocolate and the chocolate pops I was going to make.  They'd also make some sweet little props in my cardmaking adventure.  

To stamp my card, I sed a precut element and stamped the pine bough and the sweet sentiment onto it with black VersaColor ink.  I then stamped the mug (sweet and mug are from Uniquely Creative stamps of Austraila) and colored the mug to match the yummy plaid from an old pad of Christmas PhotoPlay paper I've been hoarding.  

I added a little red button and some black seam binding before popping the stamped element onto the page.  This is no ordinary "card"... It's an envelope and the front of the envelope holds the design.  I will tuck a nice handwritten note in the envelope before passing it on to the recipient. 

I paired this project up with some yummy Chocolate Star pops that can be used as stirrers in the hot chocolate.  I also mixed up a batch of Instant Coffee/Ovaltine and placed it into the fun little jar with some marshmallows, sprinkles and a tiny candy heart.  

Since Chocolate Bombs are all the rage, I wanted to do something a bit different so I melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips in some star molds, added some sprinkles and a marshmallow and added a little paper straw handle.  It's the perfect size for a little treat stirrer.  

Isn't that mug the sweetest?  I love it and can't wait to share one with my coffee loving friend. 


A little heart'll make anyone melt, right?


These little chocolate stars would also work as Dreidels for Hannukah!  They have a pointy bottom and the stick will allow you to spin it around!  SO FUN!  

Thanks for hopping over to check out my projects!  I hope they inspire you to create something DEEELISH!  Have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment