Sunday, November 22, 2020

TCP Sneaky Peek Week Day 6: Theatre Cutable!

 

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun project featuring the awesome new Theatre Cutable file released this month by The Cat's Pajamas.  This cut file (and other formats too) will allow you to create two different sized theatre cards..SO FUN!  While I do have a Silhouette Cameo and a Cricut Explore, I chose to use the PDF file to have a little fun experimenting with how much scrap I could rescue!  

Alma created a fun video tutorial to show you how to make this fun card and I know you will find it quite helpful.  Just check it out to see the paper be transformed!  Here's a link for our phone viewers:  VIDEO





I worked with two different cardstock colors to create my card.  To show you that there is very little scrap (see the last photo), I took a photo of how I cut each page in the template.  






So here is the last of the scraps...collected from all of the pieces.  I was able to keep the fur rectangles- and only had the tiny bits to throw away!  WOWEE!  


Since this was my first time making this printable, there are some things I would do differently when assembling the other card (I have all the pieces ready).  I will make sure to always be aware of the printed size so that it doesn't show in the final product.  In my first piece, I accidentally glued before checking and ended up with the printer lines in some spaces.  

I liked using the cute YETI TO PARTY STAMP AND DIE SET for this project...They're new and the tiny hearts worked perfectly colored up with watercolor pencils.  

I think it also looks so sweet tied together in a satin ribbon...I just can't wait to have another opportunity (and some free time) to make another one of these fun cards!  
Thanks for hopping over.  I hope this project inspires you to create something interactive....and to master the art of minimizing your scraps!  HEE HEE!  

See you again tomorrow for another fun sneak peek project!  







13 comments:

  1. Such a wonderfully fun card! Love the 3D pop up theatre to showcase these fun images!! You've never guess what you'd find behind hidden away!! Thanks for the inspiration! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card with the Yeti to Party monsters! I love the colors you used! Awesome 3D card format in this theater style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and fun. I would love to make these for the grandchildren--they love when I make interactive cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love interactive cards. I'm not
    real computer-literate and I don't
    have a fancy cutting machine (dies
    are so easy) so these might be
    too much. Looks like fun though.
    Your card is cute. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just printed the PDF and cut with my paper cutter/scissors/hole punch...No need for fancy equipment!

      Delete
  5. I love everything about this - the card, the images, the new die (which is so totally awesome!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a very, very, very old Silhouette (maybe an original?) amazingly it still works, with the latest software ... which always amazes me. If I were to cut it out with my machine I would need several pieces of paper - I love how you used the PDF and cut it out yourself! I suppose the trickiest part would be the slits - thanks for showing this! I also love the fact that there are 2 sizes ... this is on my list to buy! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interactive cards are so fun for the recipient and fun to experiment for the creator. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun paper and cute little monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute, Kerry - and I love the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s great. I love interactive cards

    ReplyDelete