Saturday, July 11, 2020

A little happy news...Miss Ink Stamps!!!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm excited to share that I've joined the Miss Ink Stamps designer family.  I'm so thrilled and honored to have the privilege to create with their yummy products and I look forward to playing for days and days!  

When I received my first goodies package, I ooohed and ahhhed over the stamps, stencils, sparkles and bling!  It was hard to choose the first products to use for my first feature product so I just closed my eyes and grabbed a stamp set!  HA HA.  I grabbed the gorgeous floral set called "Magnolia Sympathy" which to me, reminded me of the pretty old fashioned country roses lining the sides of the fence.  I decided to go with that and colored them a beautiful orangey-yellow color...I paired these images up with the fun Backgammon 2 stencil.  

Copics Used:  Y00, Y32, YR61, E34, YG95, YG61, FYG2 
To create the fun background,  I taped down the stencil and blended Ranger Distress Ink: Speckled Egg and Broken China onto a piece of white cardstock.  I then used the Speckled Egg reinker and splattered some onto the dark (bottom) edge of the paper and splattered more water onto the page.  I let that dry and then mounted this panel onto a piece of white cardstock to thicken it up.  Next, I machine stitched around the panel to give it some added texture. 
After that, I mounted the stenciled panel (turned it around so that the fading edge would be at the base and started arranging my floral spray.  I used foam squares to adhere all the flowers and leaves and then stamped the sentiment.  I tucked the sentiment into the spray and then attached some jute ribbon curls here and there. 
To finish the card off, I mounted this panel onto a piece of white cardstock and then attached it to a sage green card base (with a topfold).  I also added one small jute ribbon bow at the top. 

Thanks so much for hopping over to check out my first card for Miss Ink Stamps!  See you again soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment