Friday, April 3, 2020

Flowers do the trick! RG AvenueBirthday Poppy

Hello inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a pretty floral card I created using a gorgeous stamp set from RG Avenue.  Birthday Poppy is a set of several florals and three sentiments, perfect for birthdays, encouragement or just a happy hello!  It's also a great set to get that WOW quickly and easily!  

To create my card, I started out by stamping the tall floral stem onto Powdered Sugar cardstock (it's sooo thick and allows for some fun watercoloring without the wrinkly effects thinner paper produces).  I stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat set it so that I could create a beautiful watercolor effect without bleed- and without the need for embossing.  Next, I used a clear stamp sheet (the one that peels off my stamp set) and added one drop of Tangy Apple and one drop of Sweet Banana to the clear sheet then added some water to dilute and mix the colors.  I applied this ink onto the "greenery" area in a quick/fluid motion- not worrying about accuracy.  I then added one drop of Sweet Pink, Sour Guava and Sweet Banana to the sheet and added some water to really water it down.  I applied that to the florals in the same manner.  After "painting" the flowers, I splattered a few drops of the green and the pink-ish color to my image panel to help bring everything together. 


Next, I started working on the fringe element on the edge.  I wanted to incorporate this week's color focus (our Basic Confectionery Cubes) by adding this fun little fringe element on the edge.  I cut a few pieces of the colors in this family and attached them to a strip of white paper and then attached that to the underside of my stamped panel.  Once attached, I used my scissors to cut the fringe edge.  

To finish things off, I wrapped some Black Taffy Twine onto the edge added a pearl (that I color matched) and mounted the stamped panel onto a Sweet Cane panel with pop-dots before mounting onto a Powdered Sugar card base. 

Thanks for hopping over and I hope you enjoy this card.  Make sure to stop over to the RG Avenue shop to check out all the products I used in creating this pretty little card!  :). Have a great day and stay safe!

Stamps:  Birthday Poppy
Inks:  Versafine Clair Nocturne (Heatset)
Cardstock:  Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Cream, Gray Stuff, Nectar Stone, Black Taffy, Sweet Cane
Reinkers:  Green, Pink, Yellow (Tangy Apple, Sweet Pink, Sour Guava, Sweet Banana)-used as watercolors
Dazzling Pat
Black Taffy Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment