Thursday, April 9, 2020

Conchas...Coffee and Community!

Have you seen the new digi sets "Concha Life and Concha Icons" by RG Avenue? Oh my!  RG and fellow crafty peeps on IG will be having a fun IG Live craft-hop and I can't wait to watch along! Check out the RG Avenue IG page HERE.

Then, on Monday, RG will have a FREE Online Class and you're invited!  You can also pick up a little digi set to help you enjoy a bit of Concha love.

When I saw this "Concha Life" digi set I literally started drooling.  I LOVE Conchas and I love having them with coffee.  I usually pick them up at my local grocery store...but you know what's happening now and there are NO CONCHAS on the shelves!  GASP!  So...I thought, heck.  I'm up for a challenge.  I have all the ingredients at home (even the Mexican vanilla) so lemme just get my game-face on and MAKE MY OWN!

Before turning on the oven, I sat down at my computer and created a card using the images in this set.  Hmmm...What color topping should I use?  I thought about my favorites and started coloring the concha images to suit my tastes.  Of course, since my favorite color is blue, I colored the coffee cup a sweet blue too.

I took some liberties with the sentiments- cutting a few words from here and there to create the perfect statement on my card. A FRESH BAKED Concha and a cup of coffee...I mean really, there's nothing better, right?  I used the So Boxy dies to be a backdrop to the conchas.  :)
So after creating my card, I popped onto Youtube and watched my favorite Mexican-American Youtuber Steph (and her sister) "Views on the Road".  Yep, Steph had a few Concha recipes so I decided to watch THIS ONE and take notes.  If you don't follow and subscribe to her channel, I highly recommend it.  She's so talented, funny, has an awesome personality and makes some yummy foods/drinks! 

After watching- and listening to Steph chat it up with her sister, I got my ingredients out and started working.  I ground my own cinnamon and used Mexican vanilla too!  Go me!  Chippy and I sat by the oven window and watched them bake.  FOR REAL!  ha ha.  They turned out so delicious!  I can call them my little Easter eggs too!  I wish I could share some with you.  They are so moist, have a light sweetness and an oh so yummy cinnamon flavor...and of course, the crust is just divine!  They're mighty tasty right out of the oven too!
So, I hope you enjoyed this little taste of goodness today!  Make sure you hop on over to RG Avenue and pick up your own Concha Life and Concha Icons sets.  While you're at it, grab the freebie and join the fun for a Concha fest next Monday...Live on RGAvenue's Youtube channel!  You're gonna love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment