Monday, February 24, 2020

Hello....YELLOW! Gracie's newest digi set...

 Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a happy little card I created featuring Graciellie Design's newest set "Retro Hello".  When I saw the sentiments in this set, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. Since the sentiments didn't quite complete my idea floating in my head, I improvised by creating a few little additions to make this card complete! 
Retro Hello Mega Digital Stamp Set
In order to make my idea come to fruition, I created a few bits digitally on my own.  The phrase "Hello Yellow" has always been a quirky little phrase that has made me smile so I knew I needed to find a way to add the Yellow part to the sentiment.  I looked through my fonts on my computer and tested a few out and finally decided that the font "Gabriella" worked perfectly.  I also created some faux smiley washi tape since I didn't have any of the real stuff. 
After coloring the phone with several yellow, warm gray and brown Copics/colored pencils, I added some Memento Sunflower ink along the side of the sentiment panel and then splattered some yellow watercolor ink onto the panel.  I also colored the smiley faces on the "washi" tape with copics. 

To finish things off, I assembled the "washi" in strategic locations and mounted the phone on the panel before punching the corner of the panel with a corner rounder.  I mounted this panel onto black cardstock to make it pop!  After punching the corner again, I mounted this panel onto a white card base using foam squares. 

VOILA!  A HAPPY Hello for you!  Thanks so much for hopping over.  I hope my card made you smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment