Thursday, September 5, 2019

Happy Birthday MOM! Posies for you!

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a birthday card I created for my Mom.  This year, she is receiving her birthday surprises a little late because well, Hurricane Dorian decided to interrupt her birthday (and my parent's anniversary) celebrations!  Now that Dorian has left the area, the mail truck can deliver her goodies to her.  

This card features images from the brand new RG Avenue sets Filled Garden, Mandala Boho and Dot Dot Background.  I also used the gorgeous laser cut Doily Elements.  They are so beautiful and intricate and take any card from basic to elegant in a flash!  
 o create my card, I folded a piece of Sweet Banana Sugar Stock in half to create an A2 sized card with a top fold.  I prefer the topfold over the side fold.  Next I used the Dot Dot background and some Powdered Sugar ink to stamp a light dotty background.  After that, I selected some little daisy florals, leaves and sentiments (I used the digital versions of these sets so that I could manipulate their size), and fussy cut the images I wanted to use.  

I colored my images with Sugar Drops so that I could get a beautiful and coordinated look with my paper collections.  Tangy Apple, Sour Mist, Sweet Cane, Sweet Banana, Sour Watermelon and Tangy Orange were my reinkers of choice.  One tiny drop of each...and a little water helped color my complete collection of images.  After coloring, it was time to start assembling my card.  

I wanted the Doily Element to be a major focus on my card just as much as the floral "daisies" so I attached a piece of perfectly sized Sweet Pink cardstock behind the diecut.  Next, I assembled the flowers around the Doily and tucked in the sentiment pennant.  I love pennants vs/ fussy cut sentiments.  When I was happy with the arrangement of my images, I set them aside and attached some pretty golden sparkle ribbon from my stash. I then set my images and doily in place using foam squares.  

After everything was assembled, I used some white acrylic paint to create some flicked spatters here and there and I card was complete!  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you we3re inspired by this creation!  I so enjoyed playing and creating for my Mom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment