Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Happy May Day! Posies for YOU!

Hello there crafty friends!  Today I'm welcoming in a new month...The month of MAY!  Happy May Day!  

I have special memories of this day from my childhood.  May Day celebrations have ancient roots and in my family, we celebrate and welcome Spring and all HIS goodness now and to come.  Do you celebrate May Day in your family?

You see, when I was a child, sometimes we'd visit my Grandparents on May Day and my Grandma would help us prepare little treats for the neighbor kids we played with there.  We would craft a little cone and Grandma would pop some popcorn and we'd gather some dandelions and flowers from her yard, fill the cone with popcorn and posies and deliver them to the neighborhood kids.  It was such a fun thing to do.  Such a great memory.  

Now that I am grown and left with only memories of those days, I try to bring back this tradition every now and then.  Sometimes, I share this tradition with my students.  This year, I plan to share the tradition with my students and we will try to surprise our other kinder classes with some May Day treats.  

I created this card with memories of times passed...Just coloring the flowers made all those fun memories come back...
This gorgeous stamp set is called Martha's Flowers and it is a beautiful floral set by Joy Clair.  It's the perfect set that will give you all the feels for sure! 
I paired up this pretty stamp set with the beautiful (retired) 6x6 printed paper pad called Vanity Fair.  It's just the perfect match, don't you think?
To finish off this card, I added some shine by randomly applying some gloss to the floral spray and added some pearls too. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment