Saturday, May 25, 2019

Bloom Paradise...Summer Vibes with RG Avenue

Hello there inky friends!  Today I'm sharing a fun and fresh little card featuring the new digi set from RGAvenue called Bloom Paradise.  I love the fun and whimsical Parrot and decided to play with the colors.  I am not sure if they come naturally this color, but I think I came close enough.  I wanted to pull the traditional colors of these parrots together into one pretty bird!  LOL

I started out by printing the digi image and then coloring with Copics.  After that, I set it aside and started working on the background.  I love creating backgrounds!  If at closer inspection you notice that my background has some fun flowers and fronds, you're right!  I stamped the five petal flowers from the Joy stamp set onto a strip of  Sweet Banana Sugar Stock  using Sweet Banana Sugar Cube.  I then over-stamped the frond in that set using Powdered Sugar Sugar Stock.  After hitting it with the heat gun to set the white ink, I used my sewing machine to stitch the edges of this panel.  I then stamped the Sour Mist Sugar Stock and then rubbed a bit of the white ink along the edges.
After that, I cut my colored images, arranged the stamped panels,  tied some coordinating ribbon around this panel and then arranged the images onto the card panel.  I stamped the sentiment onto this panel using Black Taffy Sugar Cubes.

To add finishing touches, I added some sparkle to the flowers and set flat backed pearls onto the sparkly flowers while they dried.  I mounted this panel onto a Powdered Sugar card base and said FINISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment