Monday, January 28, 2019

RG Studio 360 Weekly Bundle: Easter Blessings



Hello there inky friends!  Today's card features the gorgeous new release set called Amazing Grace.  This set is included in this week's fabulous trio of stamps in this week's bundle "Easter Blessings"!  It's sure to sell out QUICK so head over to the shop to pick it up for a 24 hour discount of 15%! 
To create my card, I started out by creating my background.  To achieve the background, I applied ink  (Sour Guava, Sour Mist and Rich Honey) to the floral stamp in the Gain Balance stamp set, spritzed it with water and brushed off much of the ink with a paint brush before stamping onto the Vanilla Cream cardstock.  I then used the diamond stamp in this set and stamped over the background with Powdered Sugar ink.  After I was satisfied with the design, I flicked ink over the image with a small brush then brushed some ThermoWeb Transfer Medium over this design in random strokes.  I applied a strip of Opal Deco Foil over this and ran the whole thing through my laminator.  Once removed, this background panel revealed an opalescent shimmer and shine that was translucent over the background. 

To finish the background panel, I machine stitched all around the edge and set it aside so that I could work with the cross that I had printed from the digital file (I copied and resized to my preference) and cut out. 
Next, I started working on the digital version of the cross I had printed from my computer.  I painted the flowers and the twigs with Sugar Drops (same colors as the pads) diluted with water and in some locations blended with Ivory acrylic paint.  Sugar Drops are just fabulous medium for my mixed media projects!  I love that I can mix it with so many other medium!  Just take a look at the background below.  You'll notice the brushstrokes left behind as they are opalescent strokes now. 
Once painted and dry (this combination of inks/paints dried almost immediately), I applied some microfine glitter.  I then added some foam squares to the cross and started to assemble the card. 
I mounted this panel onto a card base of Sour Mist cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment