Saturday, December 1, 2018

Coffee Lovers Hop and RGStudio360

Hey there Coffee Loving Crafters!  It's Kerry here and what an adventure I had today!  While the Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop was in full swing, I spent the WHOLE DAY in the waiting room at the car dealership getting recall repairs and a yearly inspection (which turned into four new tires) done.  WOO!  My appointment was scheduled for 8 am and I was sure I'd be out of there by 11.  Sooo...I prepped a little bag of stamping supplies to keep me occupied and was content to sit, sip their coffee and stamp/color/cut the three hours away!  
Well, 11 o'clock came and went and my car was still being worked on.  That was fine because I really needed to get things taken care of.  My steering wheel was sounding and feeling like it was going to fall off (they said it wouldn't) and I have been paranoid for months!  My state inspection expired yesterday so that was a must do today as well!  Anyway...I sat there stamping and watercoloring the day away. I also listened to my ISU Cyclones play their last football game (they beat Drake) before tomorrow's Bowl Game selection process.  
I was alone on a leather couch for the whole day so I was able to spread out and play.  I brought some yummy watercolors, several new coffee stamp sets from SUPER SPONSOR RGStudio360 and a little spritzer of water. 
To start things off, I pulled out the cute little kawaii set called Planner Essentials.  I love the variety of images and I imagined them hanging from a Christmas tree...Soo...I inked up several images and colored them in with the watercolored pencils. 
I used a really nice/sturdy fine art magazine that was on the coffee table as my stamping pad and then added watercolors lightly to the cups.  I decided to wait on coloring the other images.  After coloring the images, I fussy cut them and placed them in the stamp bag for safekeeping.  

At approximately 5:30, YEP, 5:30, they were finally done with my car.  After a bit of retail therapy and some dinner and a stop at Starbucks to try their new (yucky) drink, I headed home and started working on the design that I had envisioned.  I stamped the leafy swag from Boho Critters onto the top of a piece of Powdered Sugar cardstock.   After stamping, I doodled some ornament strings with a  black Staedtler Pigment pen and a straight edge then colored the leaves with Copics.  I added a bit of outlining over some of the leaves and added a few dots here and there to tie in the doodled string.  
I mounted the stamped panel onto Rich Cactus cardstock...a perfectly perfect green THICK cardstock.  After mounting the stamped panel, I added some glaze and microfine glitter and set the card to dry.  No ribbon or twine this time as the "ornaments" had their own "ribbon".  :)
Alrighty, now I'm off to check out more of the hop participants...Happy hopping and I'll see you tomorrow with another fun Sunday Sip!  

17 comments:

  1. Super adorbs Kerry! Your imagination is fascinating and I love the finished card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I try hard to make the most of my stamps by using them in non-traditional ways. It's fun to strrrrretch my brain too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love what you have done with the cups. What a fun idea.
    Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hetty! I am glad it turned out how my mind saw it!

      Delete
  3. Kerry, ugh, that's a LONG time at the dealership. So smart of you to have prepared a bag to keep you busy and that you didn't have to share the sofa with anyone.
    This card is sooooo cute! Love the petite coffee cups and that greenery...LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks to have to spend the day at a shop but you put it to good use. I love this idea. I need to plan ahead in those cases. I love your water coloring and your awesome images and CAS card. Great idea coffee cups hanging. I love this idea and your awesome card..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Surely, I didn't pack enough. Lol

      Delete
  5. What a cute design. I love those darling cups with the smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The kawaii images are so cute. They always make me smile!

      Delete
  6. Your card is adorable. This is so fun and sure to lend a smile to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerry, i am always in awe of your cards. So creative and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I played in the coffee lovers hop and I am browsing the linkups. I just had to take a closer look at this. How CUTE!!! What a great use of the time you had to spend away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pure sweetness! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely adorable Kerry, love your hanging cups

    ReplyDelete