Saturday, September 29, 2018

National Coffee Day: The Cat's Pajamas New Release

Hey there inky friends!  I've got another fun card to share for World Cardmaking Day!  This time, I'm thrilled to share one of my first creations as a designer for The Cat's Pajamas!  WAHOO!  When I received this little set called "Better not Pout" in the mail, I instantly thought of all the possibilities beyond the norm.  You see that cup right there?  Well, it did have a pine tree on it (for Christmas and Winter) but I took some artistic liberties and modified it a bit!  Hee Hee.  I wanted this little guy to be more in the Fall spirit so I doodled a little acorn over the tree.  After that, it was off to the races coloring this fun image with my new Neocolor II Aquarelle water soluble wax pastels.  They are TO DIE FOR!  

I selected some colors that I thought would work nicely with this little kitty and got to work.  These colors work so wonderfully when layering and even though I used cheap cardstock, the color blended flawlessly with minimal warping of the paper.  Good stuff, I tell ya!  After coloring the cat, I doodled some acorns (using a Staedtler .03 Pigment marker) onto a white panel and then started to add color to that.  
It didn't take long before the panel was waterlogged and ready to dry with my heat gun.  I added some doodling over that to finish my design before adding that crazy critter.  When it was dry, I rolled, bent and tore up the edges to help the paper look like I meant to have it all warped...Yeah, work it baby!  
After that, I stamped the sentiment (used my Misti to make it nice a crisp.) and then attached some orange Hemptique twine.  I also added some fun little Nuvo Drops, some fun sequins and beads, opalescent hole-less sequins (a fun new product from TCP) and then I was able to mount it onto my card base.  Good Stuff, 'eh?!
I know, just deeeelish!  Once mounted onto the card panel, I aded a bit more color and doodling to this panel on either side of the colorful image to help tie the top layer to the bottom.  :)
Thanks a ton for stopping by!  I hope you have a great World Cardmaking day and I can't wait to hop on over and check out your projects!

September Release Bundles:  

1 comment:

  1. Happy National Coffee Day! Great card to celebrate it! It looks like he may need another cup to wake up!

    ReplyDelete