Sunday, February 11, 2018

Graciellie Designs Coffee and LOVE Bible Journaling...

Hello there Graciellie/Coffee fans!  Today I'm sharing more of my bible Journaling spread that was included in the Graciellie Designs/Coffee Loving Papercrafters Collaborative Blog Hop.  If you haven't hopped along to see all the inspiring projects, just click on the image below and you'll be directed to the start of the hop!  

Since the hop was so large, I kept my post somewhat small and just shared one photo and a bit of info about each of my three projects.  I thought I'd post about each project separately in another post so that those who were interested in reading more, could do so.  

When I first saw this digi set, I knew immediately that it would fit perfectly with this verse in Luke.  It was a perfect match so I got to work!  

I started off by prepping my pages with gel medium.  I like to use gel medium when I'm adding full ink and gelli printing.  I think the color moves around more easily and has a longer drying time, thus allowing me to really work with my design.  After applying the gel medium, I used my heat gun to dry the surface then inked up my gelli plate with some pink and purple ink.  I pressed the plate along the edge so that the color would be applied in a marble-like finish.  I again used my heat gun to dry the ink.
My next step is always pencil journaling.  I love journaling in pencil along the border and "scribble" my secrets along both edges.  These are messages and thoughts between me and my creator and are meant to be covered in my design.  They are private thoughts, so they are perfectly comfortable being covered by designs.  

After journaling, I colored the flowers (in various sized prints) and fussy cut them.  I glued them to the page and then doodled some leaves that were similar in design to the digi image.  I also added a few of the leaves from the digi image onto my page.  Next, I added some Glossy Accents and some microfine glitter to the leaves and to the center of the flower.  
Just a closer peek at the Gelli Plate print.  It's a watery wonder!  Love it!  
The next step was to add the machine stitched strip to separate the border and the bible text.  I like this effect because not only is it purposeful, it is decorative too.   
The final step was adding some distressing to the edges of the pages using Antique Gold Rub-n-Buff.  I love using this gold because it is shiny (when buffed with a cloth) and it also ages the paper.  It's a perfect combo and almost every journaling project I create includes it.
Just look at this gorgeous flower!!!  

Copic Colors used in this design:  
Flower: V04, RV11, BV00
Inner part of flower:  E49, E25, YR24, Y35
Leaves:  YG45, G12, G20
Stippling:  BV20, B000, B0000, B52, N2, B60, E50, C3, B60, Y23, E02, W5, RV11, G12

Thanks for stopping by again.  Stop by again tomorrow as I'll be back again to share my final project- The "Magic Erase Book".  It was a hit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment