Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Sip and Share...Lucky!!!


Hello there coffee loving friends!  I'm back with another Sunday Sip and Share for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog and I am happy to share an adorable little lucky clover card I created especially for St. Patrick's Day.  I wanted to create a little card that features a fun, non-traditional shape so I fussy cut a clover to display this yummy tumbler image.  It's a fun and whimsical little card, don'tcha think? 
After fussy cutting the clover card base (top fold so it can stand), I rubbed a little bit of green ink onto the card.  After that, I splattered the clover with some gold and green Silk.  Next, I attached some old lace from my stash, a few twigs (picked up while hunting for lucky clovers) and some blingy sequin trim.  I topped it off with some bling that I colored with a gold marker.   
For my stamped image, I used my brand-spankin' new faith-based coffee set from Sweet 'n Sassy Designs (Rebecca Rios Designs-Creative Worship Collection).  I stamped the tumbler onto white cardstock then added a bit of cream and green watercolor to give it added dimension.  After that, I stamped the sleeve onto a scrap of green from my card base and doodled a bit of gold and black ink onto the design so that it would fit with my shamrock theme.  
A closer peek at the embellishment treatment- the card wouldn't be complete without some treasured embellishments!  

Now let's take a peek at the sketch that was inspired by this card!  We're into week TWO of the March Sketch Challenges and this one's a doozie!  Create a card (any shape but standard) and include some sort of coffee/tea or cocoa theme.  Have fun and I hope to see a ton of entries!  Just add yours to the linky below.  At the end of the month, I'll select a winner to receive a fun coffee-loving prize!  


No comments:

Post a Comment