Friday, February 24, 2017

Be A Happy Camper!

Hello there inky friends!  I'm here today to share an adorable little scrapbook page I created using some of the newest Joy Clair clear stamp sets available THIS MONTH.  Check them all out in the Joy Clair store!
Here's a little framed 8x8 layout I created featuring the new "Happy Camper" and the Aztec Background clear sets from Joy Clair.  It also has a little peek at the the Butterfly Kisses set.  I had so much fun coloring the images and just had to feature them on a fun layout.  I'll have to hunt through my old camping photos of family to see if I can find the perfect black and white photo to insert into this page. For now, the page is "pictureless"...

Let's take a journey through my process in making this page, shall we?
I first stamped the evergreens, the fire and the fun camper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  After that, I colored each image with Copic markers.  To add a bit of age and to "country-fy" the piece, I rubbed a bit of Pan Pastel (Pan Pastel Burnt Sienna) over each image.  Not only did this help tone down the brightness of the images, it allowed the images to become a bit more aged and fit more perfectly with my theme.  
I painted a bit of Metallic Silver Liquitex ink onto the wings and metal on the camper.  After that was done, I cut the images out and applied some foam squares then set them aside so that I could continue to work on the layout.  
Notice that shiny metallic look??? LOVE IT!

I stamped the Aztec Background stamp onto the cream cardstock using clear embossing ink then rubbed my pan pastel over that.  This allowed the pastel to grab onto the ink and leave a light dusting on the non-inked portion.  I also stamped a few tiny butterflies from the Butterfly Kisses stamp set onto the camper.  I thought it added a bit more whimsy to that fun camper color scheme.
I stamped the whimsical Happy Camper sentiment onto kraft cardstock, cut it in a banner format, stitched it onto the page with my sewing machine then added a bit of twine to finish the project off. Almost all of my work includes some form of fibers, so I thought it only appropriate to add some jute and a wooden button!  

I hope you enjoyed this peek at my newest layout.  This set AND the adorable coordinating set Wild and Free, are perfect for cute little camping related layouts, fun cards and invites!  

No comments:

Post a Comment