Sunday, January 1, 2017

Sunday Sip and Share...Happy New Year!

Hey there Coffee friends!  It's 2017 and I want to wish everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous new year!  I hope you have plenty of time to enjoy all your life's treasures.  

I'm back again with another Sunday Sip and Share (so happy to extend my time on the Coffee Loving Papercrafters Design Team) and can't wait to see what fun and inky challenges are uncovered!  Let's welcome in 2017 with the first card and sketch shall we?  

I created a quick little greeting to ring in the new year and to wish you well.  If you're in Australia or wayyy down under, I hope you're enjoying a beautifully sunny summer day!  
I selected one of my newest stamp sets from Whimsy Stamps.  I picked up this set about a month or so ago and it's having an inaugural ink-up!  WAHOO!  I love this little Holiday Sweet Treats stamp set and it was just too cute to not jump right into my shopping cart!  I love the shape of the mug, the marshmallows teetering on top, and the candy cane handle.  The sentiments aren't to shabby either.  I think by now, you can probably tell that I currently have a LOVE AFFAIR with Whimsy Stamps. LOL

I used just a few simple tools to create this card.  Ranger Embossing Ink (Clear), FSJ Embossing Powder (Black), Pan Pastel (Pewter, Ultramarine Blue Shade and Magenta) and FSJ Silks (Shimmer Gold, Silver and Outrageous Pink).  Working from a kraft panel helped soften the colors and make project shimmer and shine.  

This card is quite CAS in comparison to the cards I usually create but I have to say, I love how it turned out.  I had tons of fun rubbing shimmer and shine onto the cardstock and watching the card come together so quickly.  
If you know me, you know that I can't call a card finished without adding a little ribbon or twine so that's just what I did.  Black Journey twine and a stamped/embossed snowflake (from the same stamp set) tied on like a button.  :)  Cute embellishing touch!  
Such a simple and cozy card, 'eh?  I just love when things turn out so perfectly!  I hope you have a warm and cozy winter!  
I'd like to also ring in the new year with the announcement of the clcsipandshare sketch challenge winner for the month of December.  As promised, this participant will receive a yummy coffee-loving treat from me in the mail.  I'll reach out for your address soon.  Congratulations to:  

Won't you join all coffee loving papercrafters in playing with the first sketch of the new year?  It's simple and quick...and YOU TOO could win a deelish coffee-loving prize!  I'll select a winner at the end of January, so you have plenty of time to pick a January sketch that inspires you!  

Remember:  To be eligible to win, you must include a photo of your card/coffee loving project in our inlinks below.  When sharing on social media, use the hashtag #clcsipandshare and tag @coffee_crafts so we can find your fab creation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment