Tuesday, November 13, 2018

TCP Gnome for the Holidays...

Hello there inky friends!  I'm back with another cute card featuring the playful Gnome For the Holidays set by The Cat's Pajamas.  I just love these cute images and have been having such a ball imagining all the mischief they can get into!  I think this little fella was out on a snowflake hunt with his friends late one blustery night.  He collected a few snowflakes by candlelight and was lucky to bring them back home unmelted.  :)
To create my card, I stamped the gnome with the lantern onto white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Next, I colored the image with a handful of Copic Markers.  I thought pairing some lavenders, aqua and grays would work perfectly!  After coloring, I fussy cut the image and started working on the background panel.  
I diecut the background panel from the Framed Up 2 Die from Kraft Cardstock and then stamped the stars from this stamp set using Catherine Pooler Neutral Twilight ink.  I also cut the circle die several times to create a shaker element:  Ring:  Light Blue cardstock, snowflake patterned paper (Here Comes Santa 6x6 printed paper pack by PhotoPlay).  After stamping the kraft diecut, I cut it in half so that I could stretch the shape to fit the full size of the card.  I added some splatters of acrylic paint and some white Jelly Roll pen to give a little flurry action to this card.  Inside the shaker, I included some iridescent no-hole sequins and some tiny white hole punches.

Once complete, I layered all of my panels, attached some aqua ribbon and some black twine and attached the cute gnome atop the bow.

I love the colors and patterns in this card!  Since I don't often use printed paper, I'm making it a goal this coming year to USE it, not hoard it!  Please help nudge me into this direction!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment