Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Americana Love...with Joy Clair


Hello there inky friends,

Today I'm joining my fellow Joy Clair designers as we share a few new amazing sets with you. Today we're featuring two new Americana sets...Perfect for the Fourth of July or any USA loving holiday.
If you've arrived here from Steph's blog, you're on the right track. If not, just hop along using the hop order below...There's a prize in it for one lucky hopper!


Grungy Flag is a fun flag background set with a bit of distress and a whole lotta love.  I love the distressed look and feel of this background and love that it is BIG, BOLD and BEAUTIFUL!
Happy Fourth (Stars and Stripes) is a festive fireworks set complete with bottle rockets, pinwheels and the most fabulous flag pattern sentiments.

I elected to create a card that incorporates both sets.  Take a peek:
To create this card, I rubbed Fired Brick Distress Oxide onto my Gelli Plate then stamped the stripes from the Grungy Flag onto the inked plate.  After that, I laid the paper over the ink on the plate to create my background.  I repeated this process using the Broken China Distress Oxide and the star pattern of the same background stamp.  When the design was complete, I stamped the star clusters using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide (directly from the stamp).  
I cut the flag stripes out and stamped the pinwheel pattern onto them using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.  After that, I arranged the strips in a pleasing pattern using pop dots.

Next up was the embellishments.  I used my glue gun to create some hot blobs of glue, sprinkled a bit of gold embossing powder on them (it melts immediately in the hot glue) and then pressed the stamp into the glue to create an impression.  I let that dry and cool to the touch then peeled off the stamp. Since the stamps are polymer, they do not melt and pull clean from the hot glue.
The final steps were to apply a red satin ribbon and the stamped sentiment.  I popped this panel up onto a light blue sky...um...cardstock color.  

Thanks for popping in to see this creation.  I'll definitely be using these sets again real soon, so stay tuned!  

21 comments:

  1. Love how the background of your beautiful card turned out! The distress oxides are so much fun to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, I love using the Distress Oxides too. They are so fab!

      Delete
  2. Love the fireworks embellishments you created! Great look! I just got some of the Distress Oxide inks and am anxious to try out some background techniques! Love the new stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! I really love the Distress Oxides and they are quite addictive!!! I love the reinkers the best! The stamps work perfectly with them. :)

      Delete
  3. Kerry, love the firework embellishments. Your cards are always so unique. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to play with stamps in unique ways...Experimenting is my favorite creative outlet! :)

      Delete
  4. I have never seen this done with the hot glue. What a fab idea. Your card is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. It's quite an old technique . It's kind of like UTEE but quite a bit more flexible...and it doesn't crack in the mail! BONUS!

      Delete
  5. Love your very unique and fabulous card. Thanks for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fantastic card! very striking!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative card design. I like the background and the hot glue embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun background and very cool embellishments you made with the glue!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A design I could have never come up with, thanks for sharing. Thanks for giving my project more exposure on your blog as well. Love the look of it up there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design! I love this! You guys have done a fabulous job on this blog hop and I am so thankful for all your lovely work

    ReplyDelete