Thursday, May 11, 2017

Sending My Love...

Hello there Joy Clair friends, it's Kerry here and I'm back with another yummy creation.  It's my turn on the Joy Clair Blog and I've got a gorgeous fussy-cut card to share with you.  I used the cluster of plumeria-like flowers to create this fussy cut image!  Don't be afraid to cut out clusters and rearrange them on your page!  It' totally WORKS!  

I'm so addicted to creating delicious backgrounds using Ranger Distress Oxide Reinkers.  How about you? Today, my mission was "Layer, layer, layer"...so I got to work making flowers with the Spring Time Florals set!  
I love the look of layered flowers and even if a stamp has a cluster design, I can cut these images out and assemble them in a different arrangement so that I can create something totally new!  

After coloring the images with the reinker (and water), I cut them out.  To decrease the white edge effect on the cut flowers, I rubbed black ink along the edges.  
After the flowers were cut out, I applied a few drops of distress ink to the acetate sheet our stamps are sandwiched between.  I spritzed it with water and laid my paper on top of it.  I flipped the paper/acetate over and rubbed the ink in to allow it to flow and spread between the acetate and the paper.  
After lifting the acetate off the page, I hit this page with the heat gun to speed up the drying process.  
After it was dry, I added a strip of gold washi tape to the top of a piece of vellum I stamped with the "Sending My Love" sentiment from the Hello Sentiments set. I attached this wash/vellum to the background paper and added the flowers in a pleasing arrangement.  
To finish the card off, I added some yummy little pearls on a few of the flowers.  After that, it was complete!  

2 comments:

  1. Kerry, this is a beauty! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy. I loved playing with this new set and using the yummy oxides. :)

      Delete