Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Sip and Share...Share the Love


Hello there coffee-loving friends!  It's Kerry here for another Sunday Sip and Share and this time, I thought I'd share a little coloring therapy.  It's been a rough weekend for me as I said goodbye to my little "Ladybug" Peanut on Saturday morning.  She was, and forever will be the most amazing love of my life.  She was my shadow and loyal companion for 18 wonderful years.

Since coloring is quite a bit of therapy for me, I decided to ink up a new stamp in my collection and do a little coloring.  This Whimsy Stamp (yes, I'm addicted) is called "Served with Love".  Isn't it cuuuute?!  When I was coloring, I couldn't help but think of the relationship Peanut and I shared.  I felt it was represented in the image so perfectly.  I just love how this image evokes a nurturing and loving connection between the two little characters.  It was just what I needed this weekend.
I love playing with texture when coloring.  Since I collect teddy bears, this teddy-fella had to get some teddy bear fur.
Of course, his little buddy needed some coordinating warm weather wear too.  I popped a little blue from the bears hat onto the penguins scarf and toque.  The background was embossed with an old Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder from my stash.
I used the following Copic markers to color this adorable image:
Now let's move on to the coordinating sketch!  I hope you find some time in your week (or month) to play along.  Remember, you can use any or all of the sketches featured this month!  Just link up your creation on this post below.  



No comments:

Post a Comment