Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Blessings...

Hello Stamping Friends,

I'm happy to join the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team in sharing our creations this month. I created a shadowbox that will be mailed to someone special.  I don't usually care for the color purple but for some reason I really gravitate to the plum hues in the spectrum.  To me, they are warm, romantic and truly heartfelt.  So whenever you see a purple card created by me, it will most likely contain this color combination.

The hop begins today at 8:00 EST and will end on Saturday, Feb. 28.  I will return after that to announce the winner.

As you journey on the hop, please take a moment to comment on each of our posts.  We appreciate your visit so much and love to read what you have to say about our projects.

**One lucky commenter will receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the Heartfelt Creations store.  You will have only 72 hours from the time your name is announced to claim your prize.

Now on to my project!

I selected the Twining Clematis Cling Set, the Malabar Clematis Cling Set and Uplifting Scriptures Cling Set for my project this month.
To create additional dimension on the piece, I stamped various flowers onto white cardstock then colored them with Copic markers.  Then I used my Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to gently dimensionalize the flowers.  I added Diamond Stickles and Crystal Lacquer on the flowers. When that dried, I added dots of yellow and green acrylic paint to the centers of the flowers.
Placing the stamped panel into the shadowbox was the final step.  The stamped panel measured 5 1/2 x 5 1/2- a perfect fit for the inside of the shadow box.  I chose not to paint or add color to the box as I thought the woodgrain really accentuated the flowers.  
The color was inspired by the Clematis plant that grew in my father's garden this year.  Here's a photo so you can see how beautiful his baby was:
I hope you enjoyed my project this month.  Please head over to Glenda's blog next.  If you're lost, you can follow the list of blog hop participants below:
Kerry Urbatch- That's ME!

55 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and in my favorite color too! Love the sparkle, dimension and stitching ... just fabulous! Thanks for inspiration and a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers you have created here. I love the colors and that bit of sparkle just finishes it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gift!!! The recipient will be thrilled I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is a lovley gift, I love the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the colors of those flowers and ooooo the sparkle ♥ Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely
    Shadow box. The colors
    are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pretty flowers that sparkle and I also love the fact that you have put it in the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your sparkly flowers and really like your scripture note

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grammypat! I love sparkle and the scripture is a favorite too! :)

      Delete
  9. What a lovely gift someone will get! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I should share a picture of my dad's clematis flowers from his garden...They were the inspiration for the color. :)

      Delete
  11. Someone would very lucky to receive your beautiful creation. I love the colors and the addition of the glitter. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous clematis flowers! Love the dimension and your beautiful coloring! Beautiful shadowbox project, and I am sure the recipient was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm certain the recipient will be thrilled with this. Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card and sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SussiPoppins- Not so much a card, but a fun project, none the less. :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful Project love the layering a the colors are perfect. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Plum gorgeous! I think the yellow dots of paint make the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D.Ann...Plum...Yes, my favorite purple! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  17. The shadow box is beautiful. An added benefit is that you can change out the centerpiece when you get tired of it or there is a chance of season. The flowers are so pretty. Love the big purple bow.
    thanks for sharing a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Mary! I just used a little piece of tape so I could do exactly what you mentioned. So easy to swap out different designs! Thanks!

      Delete
  18. What a pretty project! Love the sentiment and the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful project. Love the sparkles, stitching, and the scripture note. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stamping Smiles Designs. I LOVE sparkles and sewing on my cards. Some of my most favorite stamps are my Bible verse stamps. :)

      Delete
  20. Beautiful shadow box...I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a lovely card. 'Don't know what kid of flowers they are, but they are beautiful. Your coloring makes them stand out so well. The way you displayed it in the shadow box is the way to go. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ajax, these flowers are Clematis flowers. They are often found climbing homes, mailboxes and garden arches. They open beautifully during the day and close up during the evening. This color is one of my favorite colors- and is the color of the Clematis flowers my father grows. So pretty!

      Delete
  22. Just beautiful!!!! Love the color of purple Clematis and love how you did yours. The extra sparkle and color in the centers really adds. What a lovely gift.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your project, love the sentiment, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Love the idea of putting it in a shadow box and perhaps changing for the seasons! Love the colors and especially loved seeing your dad's flowers, your flowers are just as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the project but also your father's absolutely glorious clematis, mine never looks like that. Wow!

    ReplyDelete