Sunday, February 17, 2013

Flowery Hello...design-seeds inspiration

This color combo was a doozie!  It took several attempts to get it just right, and in the end, I just had to say ok enough is enough...move on to the next color-combo.  
 
 
This card was what I finally came up with after a day or so trying...
I think I'm missing the green color but I just couldn't incorporate that anywhere other than if you use your imagination a LOT in the distressing of the blue over the yellow in the lower right corner. 
I think the rusty color of the bow and stamped "flower thingie" was more of a match than I had originally anticipated as I looked closely at the swatch color given instead of looking directly at the contrast of red/yellow in the flowers.  Since I didn't have a closer match (more red), I went with the rusty red ink.  I think had it been any redder, it would have been too much of a diversion from the color triad on the color wheel. 
I thought the sentiment matched very well with the distressed look of the patterned paper.  Adding that little sprig of baby's breath in canatloupe also helped me match the color scheme and make the sentiment blend in much better. 

Materials used:  Old Recollections patterned paper by Daisyd's
Cottonwood card base and stamping base from The Paper Company
Stamp set:  Tim Holtz Flights of Fancy for Stamper's Anonymous
Inks:  Memento Potter's Clay, Cantaloupe ,Versamagic Ocean Depth
Spellbinders Die:  Labels Seventeen
Stickles:  Stardust
Pop Dots
Rusty colored seam binding
Cream button from SEI
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments too! 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment